PDA

View Full Version : Salt

Maza
04-06-2021, 05:55 PM
How do you manage salt intake for your mindees (those of you who provide food)?

I don't add salt to anything I cook for them, but there will be salt in some of the foods, for example a ready basted roast chicken.

Do you use unsalted butter?

Do you use unsalted stock cubes?

Do you use any other low/no salt products?

loocyloo
04-06-2021, 09:28 PM
I don't add salt to anything I cook and use unsalted stock ... because I make my own chicken stock.

I do use salted butter, but most of what I cook is from scratch and I don't worry too much about it.

The same I don't worry too much about sugar or fat content. We don't have much, but we do have some.

Maza
05-06-2021, 08:45 AM
You are good loocyloo. I started making my own stock when I was weaning DD but it didn't last long. Then I used to buy the baby stock cubes, but now I use regular ones.

Have you ever had a family question you on these things?

loocyloo
05-06-2021, 10:30 AM
You are good loocyloo. I started making my own stock when I was weaning DD but it didn't last long. Then I used to buy the baby stock cubes, but now I use regular ones.

Have you ever had a family question you on these things?

I only make my own because we tend to have a roast chicken every couple weeks and it's easy to make a few pints of stock from it.

But I've never been asked about salt in food. I have been asked about using organic, but I prefer to shop local, which may be organic, but may not!