PDA

View Full Version : hygge

Maza
28-03-2021, 05:24 PM
Oh no! I've just been looking on the hygge etsy page and I see that the lady now adds £3.50 delivery charge to the boxes. That makes it £18.50 each time - that tips it into expensive for me. Lucky you loocyloo - didn't you sign up for a 3 month subscription?

loocyloo
28-03-2021, 07:23 PM
Yes! Goodness, lucky me! X

Pixie dust
29-03-2021, 03:36 PM
I had an email to say the April box had been dispatched so I will wait for its arrival but I guess that will be my only one if thats the case.

Maza
31-03-2021, 07:53 AM
Has everyone got their April box? What do you think?

loocyloo
31-03-2021, 08:41 AM
Haven't got mine yet .... last time it didn't come till the 8th March!

Waiting ..... not very patently!

Pixie dust
31-03-2021, 12:23 PM
I received mine today and I do like the loose parts especially the little raindrops, the cards are lovely and feel good quality. As it's my first box I don't have anything to compare it to. What do you think Maza is it as good as the previous boxes?

Maza
31-03-2021, 01:18 PM
Loocyloo don't read if you want your hygge box to be a surprise!!!

Pixie dust - I was pleasantly surprised by the quantity of loose parts that we got - I knew we were getting some, but I thought it would be fewer than that. My mindee went straight to the wooden circles today and played with them lots - just transporting them and laying them out on different surfaces. Yes, I think they are all generally similar in terms of value for money - just one I thought perhaps wasn't quite as meaty as the others (the penguin one, February I think).

Will you be ordering another? I'm really unsure now that she has taken away free postage. I see that you can sign up and get them still for £15 with free postage if you have it as an ongoing order and then cancel when you want to stop. I like to use my 10 percent discount card though (she sends you a 10 percent off your next order each time, so they have only ever been £13.50 for me).

loocyloo
31-03-2021, 06:35 PM
I'm happy to know what i'm getting !! :D even more excited and NOT waiting patiently at all !!!

I love those little grapat things! ( :blush: I bought myself a mixed box the other week ... I might even let the children touch them one day !!! :laughing: )

£15 with free postage is cheaper than £13.50 plus £3.50 postage ;)

Pixie dust
01-04-2021, 07:18 AM
Just seen that the May box will be mini beasts ...so quite tempted to order another one :blush:

Maza
02-06-2021, 07:44 PM
Loocyloo, have you got your June box yet?

loocyloo
02-06-2021, 09:20 PM
Loocyloo, have you got your June box yet?

Not yet! .... hoping it will arrive shortly!

loocyloo
05-06-2021, 04:59 PM
It arrived today :D

Life cycle of a bee models and a little sachet of honey.
Recipe for honey playdough, bee ID card, life cycle of a dandelion, and a postcard of puffins! We'll have fun next week.

Oh and a fabric patch.

Maza
05-06-2021, 06:53 PM
Sounds lovely! I haven't seen any life cycle bee models before. Is that the last one then?

loocyloo
05-06-2021, 07:48 PM
Sounds lovely! I haven't seen any life cycle bee models before. Is that the last one then?

I hadn't either.

Yes, last one :( she might do occasional one offs in the future but probably not x

loocyloo
09-06-2021, 11:12 AM
Just seen on the Hygge in early years etsy page ... you can get the bees digital download for half price and that is all the cards etc that were in the bee 'box' .

Maza
09-06-2021, 01:41 PM
Yes I saw that loocyloo. They look fab.

loocyloo
15-06-2021, 07:08 PM
oh , i just have to tell people who will 'get it' !!!

The 'hygge' webpage was running a competition to design a limited edition 'patch' for them ... all my minded children drew or painted something over the course of the week, and I sent them all off .... One of my little girls has WON !!!! I will admit that we had been looking at ladybirds, and i'd put out a selection of red and black paint ( i know that isn't quite the done thing ... not meant to limit their artistic ability to the colour 'you' think it should be ) ... but it was all her own work! very proud and excited!

Maza
15-06-2021, 08:10 PM
I saw that loocyloo!!!!!

How fantastic! Well done. She must be thrilled, and her parents too.

You'll have to remember to tell Ofsted when they come calling - you can tick soooo many boxes by facilitating that for her!

Pixie dust
15-06-2021, 08:12 PM
oh , i just have to tell people who will 'get it' !!!

The 'hygge' webpage was running a competition to design a limited edition 'patch' for them ... all my minded children drew or painted something over the course of the week, and I sent them all off .... One of my little girls has WON !!!! I will admit that we had been looking at ladybirds, and i'd put out a selection of red and black paint ( i know that isn't quite the done thing ... not meant to limit their artistic ability to the colour 'you' think it should be ) ... but it was all her own work! very proud and excited!

Congratulations to your little one, I have seen the winning design as it was shown on social media can't remember if it was Facebook or Instagram I saw it :clapping:

loocyloo
15-06-2021, 08:26 PM
Thanks Ladies :D

Lol ... I hadn't even thought about remembering to tell Ofsted!

loocyloo
23-06-2021, 06:03 PM
Just seen an email and then also on facebook that you can get a 'summer flower' download for £1.80 TODAY ( WED 23rd June ) on the hygge in the early years on etsy ... Just bought it and it's just like all the paper in the hygge boxes, with lovely ideas and activities etc. ( just no loose parts! ) it is about 15 pages long! i'm going to save it for next month, as i'm still tied up with '30 Days Wild'.

Maza
24-06-2021, 12:06 PM
I saw that too Loocyloo. I miss the loose parts! I might actually download it and then I don't have to print it straight away - or just print the bits we would use...

Dragonfly
24-06-2021, 12:53 PM
Congratulations on your little one winning .

Have you tried honey playdough ? Do you use real honey I’m thinking really sticky?

loocyloo
24-06-2021, 05:26 PM
I haven't tried honey playdough ... it's on my list ... maybe tomorrow as its forecast to rain heavily all day!

Maza
01-07-2021, 07:57 PM
Loocyloo I saw a picture of who I assume is your mindee on the hygge in the early years instagram account! It's going to be a very special patch for her!

loocyloo
01-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Loocyloo I saw a picture of who I assume is your mindee on the hygge in the early years instagram account! It's going to be a very special patch for her!

Ooh, I'll have to have a look! ( little blonde in a blue dress? ) thanks for telling me xxx:thumbsup:

Maza
01-07-2021, 09:50 PM
Yes, blonde, but can't remember the dress. Did she win all those books?

loocyloo
02-07-2021, 07:22 AM
That's her! ...
Yes, 3 gorgeous books in a wanderlust bag. I've put her picture in a frame, so added that for a photo. She's so excited ( even though I don't think she quite knows what the competition she won was for! ... we have a few hygge patches, and pawprint patches that I'm going to sew on some bunting ... just need to make it :laughing: )

Maza
02-07-2021, 09:08 AM
im so envious of those books!

loocyloo
02-07-2021, 01:37 PM
The rain one is particularly lovely x

Maza
02-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Did anyone get the email about the Hygge Autumn online conference? The Early bird tickets are only £10. Is anyone doing it?

loocyloo
02-09-2021, 09:00 PM
I saw that, and was quite interested, but I'm already busy that day :laughing:

Pixie dust
03-09-2021, 07:35 AM
Did anyone get the email about the Hygge Autumn online conference? The Early bird tickets are only £10. Is anyone doing it?

I am thinking about it, I did one before but I watched it over a couple of days which I think now costs a little bit more. I think it's on the first weekend DH is home after being away at work for 3 weeks but having said that he is normally shattered his first few days.

Maza
03-09-2021, 08:25 AM
It's a bit tricky only having one day to listen to it all isn't it? If I had no interruptions I could clean my whole house for a day whilst listening, but I always have interruptions!

There is so much good stuff online for free nowadays too, so it would have to be a lot better than the free stuff if we are paying for it. Mmmm, I still can't decide.

loocyloo
07-09-2021, 08:22 PM
oooooo ... pumpkin and harvest download in Hygge etsy shop! ... just ready for Autumn!

( just put this is todays thread too! )

Dragonfly
08-09-2021, 07:07 AM
Gosh, I wish I knew what you are all talking about with this hygge.

on Instagram there is a childminder who does hygge Friday’s and bakes with the children.

Couldn’t find hygge person on Etsy you are talking about.All a bit 🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️🤷 *♀️

Maza you mention free stuff online that’s more like it !!!

Loocyloo harvest and pumpkin free downloads is that hygge also? Think someone told be hygge is danish for..... can’t remember.

loocyloo
08-09-2021, 08:09 AM
Gosh, I wish I knew what you are all talking about with this hygge.

on Instagram there is a childminder who does hygge Friday’s and bakes with the children.

Couldn’t find hygge person on Etsy you are talking about.All a bit 🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️🤷 *♀️

Maza you mention free stuff online that’s more like it !!!

Loocyloo harvest and pumpkin free downloads is that hygge also? Think someone told be hygge is danish for..... can’t remember.

Not quite free but good!

Just being comfy and cosy and taking in nature etc.

This is the website, think there is a link to easy shop
Hygge in the Early Years (https://www.hyggeintheearlyyears.co.uk/)

Maza
08-09-2021, 12:58 PM
Dragonfly, there is a website called 'Hygge in the Early Years'. The lady on there does free podcasts and a blog. She runs some short courses and some longer/more expensive ones. She also has an Etsy shop under the same name.

I think the childminder you are referring to is Sam Goldsworthy? I follow her page - but she must have spent a fortune on lovely resources. I think a lot of people following the hygge approach have latched on to the baking and hot chocolate side of it!

There is no direct translation for the word 'hygge'. It's about cosiness, togetherness and being present, slowing down and not focusing on materialistic things. There's a big focus on nature too. All of this in turn is good for your own well being.

loocyloo
08-09-2021, 01:44 PM
Thanks Maza ... I did write a reply, along with my quote, but I'm having trouble posting from my phone today!

I keep seeing settings that have become 'hygge' and seem to have completely redecorated and bought alot of new, expensive, wooden toys. I'm focusing on the outdoors and taking time to slow down and just 'be' xxx

Dragonfly
08-09-2021, 04:21 PM
Yes that’s the one, full of top quality resources that my mindees would love and me .

Ah I thought baking but then you people kept talking of loose parts, printables etc.

Ignore all the icons that appear on my threads, I think I’ve put one and lots of different ones appear!

Pixie dust
08-09-2021, 04:27 PM
Thanks Maza ... I did write a reply, along with my quote, but I'm having trouble posting from my phone today!

I keep seeing settings that have become 'hygge' and seem to have completely redecorated and bought alot of new, expensive, wooden toys. I'm focusing on the outdoors and taking time to slow down and just 'be' xxx

Love this ! sounds perfect :blush:

Pixie dust
08-09-2021, 04:31 PM
Dragonfly, there is a website called 'Hygge in the Early Years'. The lady on there does free podcasts and a blog. She runs some short courses and some longer/more expensive ones. She also has an Etsy shop under the same name.

I think the childminder you are referring to is Sam Goldsworthy? I follow her page - but she must have spent a fortune on lovely resources. I think a lot of people following the hygge approach have latched on to the baking and hot chocolate side of it!

There is no direct translation for the word 'hygge'. It's about cosiness, togetherness and being present, slowing down and not focusing on materialistic things. There's a big focus on nature too. All of this in turn is good for your own well being.

I follow them too, they do have lots of lovely resources which I just don't have the budget for. We love a 'higgle' bake but now I have gone back to little ones I don't think we will be baking just yet!

I have concentrated a lot only own well being side in regards to Hygge as this job takes over your life and have tried to get a bit more of a work life balance.

Maza
08-09-2021, 06:39 PM
Loocyloo and pixie I like your ideas.

If I focused on the lovely resources and baking, I would just end up fat and skint!

Maza
11-10-2021, 11:53 AM
So, did anyone do the hygge online autumn conference event?

I didn't end up buying a ticket in the end, and as it happens I had family stuff going on, so couldn't have watched/listened to it anyway.

loocyloo
11-10-2021, 12:09 PM
No, I was out most of day.

loocyloo
09-03-2022, 05:58 PM
Just got to share :D

I got the hygge patch that my little one designed today in the post! It's so cute! :clapping:

Maza
01-03-2024, 10:17 AM
Did you see that Kimberly will be 'retiring' her wanderlust activities? I really loved doing that course over lockdown.

I thought she gave a really honest and thoughtful reflection on it in her post about why she has come to this decision. I'm keen to learn what her new projects are.

Pixie dust
01-03-2024, 01:14 PM
Did you see that Kimberly will be 'retiring' her wanderlust activities? I really loved doing that course over lockdown.

I thought she gave a really honest and thoughtful reflection on it in her post about why she has come to this decision. I'm keen to learn what her new projects are.

ohh off to go and find the post as haven't seen it. I have the Wanderlust books with all the activities in which I dip in and out off.

Maza
01-03-2024, 05:49 PM
Pixie dust, I got an email as I must have subscribed to her mailing list at some point. It is also on her instagram page.

Pixie dust
02-03-2024, 09:34 AM
Pixie dust, I got an email as I must have subscribed to her mailing list at some point. It is also on her instagram page.

I did get an email too, I have 2 email addresses one I don't use as much :blush:

It will be interesting to see what the updated version will be.

loocyloo
02-03-2024, 05:14 PM
I got the email too!

I'm wondering if it will be pared back/ more just being outdoors/ using natural objects, rather than setting up activities using the Grimm toys etc.

To be honest, that's where I've gone with it all. I do have a look at the weekly activities, but it seems quite preparation heavy now and i tend to just go with the flow!

loocyloo
15-03-2024, 08:50 PM
Just had an email to sign up to 'new wonderlust 'rewilded' for only £10 for next 24hrs ... so till about 4pm on sat 16th i think! Rather than £200.
Looks very interesting and similar but a bit different.

Maza
17-03-2024, 04:56 PM
Are you going to get it loocyloo? I'm toying with the idea (obs only for the £10 offer). I agree, it looks similar but different.

loocyloo
17-03-2024, 09:56 PM
Are you going to get it loocyloo? I'm toying with the idea (obs only for the £10 offer). I agree, it looks similar but different.

Sorry x only just seen post, but i did get it!

Pixie dust
18-03-2024, 12:52 PM
I signed up for it too because of the price even though I have done the Wanderlust Nature study :o

loocyloo
18-03-2024, 02:32 PM
Think we've got to wait until 15th April to find out what it's about! X

Maza
18-03-2024, 06:09 PM
Think we've got to wait until 15th April to find out what it's about! X

Yes, I read that too. The special offer is on until the end of today, but I'm still undecided.