PDA

View Full Version : How many children

mumofone
25-03-2021, 04:09 PM
How many EYFS children do you care for in the bulk part of your day? I find 3 too much and then cant do school runs with them all! But 3 would make me financially better off!

Dragonfly
25-03-2021, 05:22 PM
I have 3 but only one school child during holidays, so don’t do school runs at the moment ( I had done school runs 23/4 years)

Maza
25-03-2021, 06:02 PM
I used to have 2 or 3. I currently have one on my books, full time. Obviously it's really easy getting out and about, no naps to co-ordinate, only one palate to think of, one drop off/pick up to stress me out...

I need at least one more child, but already I'm thinking 'how on earth will I cope with two!' I've done it before, so I know I will manage, and I know you lot do many children regularly - I am in awe of you all.

I think you adapt your expectations to make it manageable (I'm hoping, lol). Obviously, some things you can't change, like the need to do a school run. One of mine used to leave just before the school run so that was perfect. On the days where I had three I wouldn't travel as far, we would mostly do extended garden play for our fresh air, or go to a very local field.

loocyloo
25-03-2021, 06:02 PM
3 or 4 EY every day, pretty much all day, plus 2 or 3 after school ( and 5 today!! ) I do only work 4 days though.

I have a double or single buggy, with a clip on buggy board/seat if i need for 3 little ones. I have straps for walkers to hold. School is a 10/15 minute walk each way.

Mouse
25-03-2021, 06:11 PM
A few years ago I had two 3 year olds and two 4 year olds most days (continuity of care) and loved it. That was my perfect set up.

Now I have 3 children most days and 4 one day a week. But I don't have my own young children and I don't do school runs. I do think that makes a difference to how many I'm happy having. I also only work 4 days a week so get a day off to recover! I prefer to have more children a day over fewer days than fewer children over 5 days.

mumofone
25-03-2021, 10:13 PM
A few years ago I had two 3 year olds and two 4 year olds most days (continuity of care) and loved it. That was my perfect set up.

Now I have 3 children most days and 4 one day a week. But I don't have my own young children and I don't do school runs. I do think that makes a difference to how many I'm happy having. I also only work 4 days a week so get a day off to recover! I prefer to have more children a day over fewer days than fewer children over 5 days.

I dont mind it when they are all of walking age but 3 under 3 i struggle with! I think when i give up school runs i will definitely take on more.

Mouse
25-03-2021, 10:48 PM
I dont mind it when they are all of walking age but 3 under 3 i struggle with! I think when i give up school runs i will definitely take on more.

It is really tough when they're all that young.

I'm getting quite picky in my old age and I prefer to only have one non-walker at a time! I haven't got a double pushchair any more and don't want to get one.

mumofone
05-10-2021, 03:24 PM
It is really tough when they're all that young.

I'm getting quite picky in my old age and I prefer to only have one non-walker at a time! I haven't got a double pushchair any more and don't want to get one.

I'd love to get rid of my double buggy and only ever use a single! One of the downsides of this job!!