PDA

View Full Version : Rapid lateral flow testing for households

Mouse
01-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Have you seen that you can now apply for home kits for lateral flow testing?

I know a lot of you have school aged children so should be eligible.

Rapid lateral flow testing for households and bubbles of school pupils and staff - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rapid-lateral-flow-testing-for-households-and-bubbles-of-school-pupils-and-staff?fbclid=IwAR0bxYqQ8eFcljpqTKdavMkAV-9Pw6tJRDU2LmY1s_hKgCKN7PbAa2hfcfE)

I don’t have my own school aged children but my primary school aged grandson lives here half the week. I’m not sure if that means I qualify or not, but it’s not that difficult for me to keep going to the testing centre.

Dragonfly
01-03-2021, 04:57 PM
Oh I haven’t got any children of my own at home.. shame

loocyloo
01-03-2021, 06:09 PM
Thanks Mouse,

I'd seen that, but I have a vague idea that you needed a code or something from school? I'm awaiting an email from DDs school about her going in for a test this week, before starting back at school next week, and expect we'll be told what to do then!

Have you heard today that someone has said that teachers have the same chance (15%) of catching covid as anyone else in a 'normal' workplace!

Mouse
01-03-2021, 06:20 PM
Thanks Mouse,

I'd seen that, but I have a vague idea that you needed a code or something from school? I'm awaiting an email from DDs school about her going in for a test this week, before starting back at school next week, and expect we'll be told what to do then!

Have you heard today that someone has said that teachers have the same chance (15%) of catching covid as anyone else in a 'normal' workplace!

If you look at the link, you don’t need a code at all. You just have to confirm that you have a school aged child in your household.

loocyloo
01-03-2021, 08:04 PM
If you look at the link, you don’t need a code at all. You just have to confirm that you have a school aged child in your household.

Just read it through, and in typical Gov't form ... it isn't clear, but it reads ( i think! ) that if you have a child at secondary school, then you wait for school to send tests home! But then .... it sounds like they only send home tests for the child, not the family !!!! Think i shall try and see what happens! x

Edited again .... nowhere close enough for me to collect kits from ( or i'd spend a morning each time driving to collect and then have to take minded children into a 'normal' covid testing centre. i don't think that's a great idea! ) and site crashing when i try to book home delivery !!!

loocyloo
14-03-2021, 08:45 PM
One of my mums just asked if they needed to get the LFT, as child attends 'childcare'.

I said I had no idea! As no checks when you order/ collect, but you need to put in address, nhs number and school etc when registering result. I've suggested she rings 119 and asks!

SYLVIA
14-03-2021, 09:08 PM
Our test centre has a separate part giving out 2 boxes of tests at a time. My daughter got two as her eldest is at school but got 2 boxes for me the next day. No questions were asked apparently. I’ll only use them if I don’t feel well one day

Dragonfly
15-03-2021, 08:47 AM
I got some lateral tests. Now I feel like I’ve had a loo brush up my nose 😩