PDA

View Full Version : How close to renewal - first aid

Maza
27-02-2021, 06:59 PM
How close to your renewal date do you allow yourself to be before you renew it?

On the one hand, I want to make the three years last as long as possible, if that makes sense, but on the other hand, I don't want to push my luck and get too close in case the course gets cancelled at the last minute and I can't find another one in time.

Mine is due for renewal at the end of June. I have found a course in April and another one in May. DH thinks I should do May, but I'm tempted to do the April one just in case. What would you do?

loocyloo
27-02-2021, 07:50 PM
I used to do it at the most, a couple of weeks before, then I moved, and courses were fewer and far between, so used to aim for within the month, but this year, I ended up doing it nearly 2 months early, just to be sure I was covered with all the kerfuffle going on!

FussyElmo
28-02-2021, 10:39 AM
I did mine 3 months early this time due to not wanting to have to scramble to get a course.

Do you have plenty of courses in your area? How quickly do they get booked out?

Pixie dust
28-02-2021, 05:24 PM
I did mine 3 months early this time but that was because of the pandemic as mine was due to expire in September and I know that those whose had run out during lockdown no1 had there extended to September so I wanted to beat the rush.

Dragonfly
01-03-2021, 08:14 AM
This one made me chuckle. We were taking notes last week of who is wanting to do first aid with us, wait for it ...... next February!
We have to have at least ten people for the first aid person to come in and do it for us. So we have to be prepared.

Mouse
01-03-2021, 08:23 AM
Last time I did mine 6 months early.

My daughter had just become my assistant and needed to do hers but didn’t want to go by herself. I found a course that was half the price of the usual one I do, so it was worth us both going together.

I usually try to go at least a month early, but at the moment I would consider even earlier than that.