PDA

View Full Version : WAT, WHEN ,HOW ,AARRRRHHHH !

LOOPYLISA
13-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Hi ive just had my pre reg, am awaiting icp and first aid, keep reading about eyfs, i was told briefly it was all changing in sept, will i be told wat i do at my icp or will i get a letter, or am i supposed to "just" know????????????? so confused x:confused: :confused: :confused:

Monkey1
13-08-2008, 02:45 PM
As with all things Ofsted.....your supposed to know. I have just invested in a chrystal ball to see if i know whats coming soon....can't see anything in it yet!
Seriously i'm not sure how it goes now with new reg etc. Any concerns give Ofsted a call. That way you get the information straight from the horses mouth iykwim!

balloon
13-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Hi
I learned about the birth to three matters stuff when I did my ICP so I presume they are now covering EYFS.

You can order the pack (free of charge) from DfES Publications orderline: 0845 60 222 60 and quote 00012-2007PCK-EN

or download it here: at http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachingandlearning/EYFS

I phoned up for mine as it would cost a small fortune to print it all and you also get a CD with the pack. It was really straightforward and easy to do.

Hope that helps,

Lxx

Monkey1
13-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Definatly don't start on B23 this close to EYFS. You will only make things more complicated for yourself if you do, although they are linked together in many ways. EYFS is more straightforward. I would highly recommend Sarahs books as they put it in plain enough english that even i can understand!:D

caza
13-08-2008, 03:08 PM
I did my ICP a few weeks ago and they didnt teach us about EYFS as they has been told not to although the woman running the course did think we should be told more about it :rolleyes: I think now that I might put off sending my registration forms in until September when it all changes

Annie_T
13-08-2008, 04:11 PM
i was told this at my pre reg inspection ..so i emailed

dcsf@prolog.uk.com asking for them to send it out to me

and i got it woop