PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Kit

Mouse
08-02-2021, 12:24 PM
How do you organise your first aid kit? Do you have a separate childminding one? I have one for childminding (with items from the PACEY list) and one for the family, which has extra things in it that aren't on the list.

I would really like just one kit but can you have things like eye wash, antibac wipes and creams in a childminding first aid kit? I know at one time inspectors would look in the first aid box and check the contents. If you had anything in there that you shouldn't have, they wouldn't be happy! I wouldn't use creams etc on children so am I allowed to have them in the box or should I stick to 2 separate ones?

loocyloo
08-02-2021, 01:04 PM
I have 2!

Childminding one ( but it does have antibacterial wipes and sterile water for eyes etc in it )
I keep an accident book in there too.

Then a family one that also has creams and random things we use in it!

I thought about compiling it, but also knew that no one would think to tell me when they'd used the last plaster or something, and typically, that's when I would need one for a minded child!

Maza
08-02-2021, 03:04 PM
I have a childminding one only. I never thought about removing extras to be honest - I'll add it to my list of jobs.

I just have extra bits and bobs for my family and if they needed something that we didn't have I would just take it from the childminding box.

We have a cupboard where everything is kept, including nurofen etc. Just the ice pack is stored in the fridge.