PDA

View Full Version : what do we do with the obs

mimo
13-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Just wondering as aparent asked last night what do we do with all the obs and records we do on the children. I know we have to keep all the other paper work we have until they are 21 but do we have to keep the obs or do we give them to the parents when they leave?

Monkey1
13-08-2008, 02:50 PM
I have different sets. I keep group observations to watch how the children interact with each other etc. These are mine to show Ofsted when they visit. Individual childrens obs i keep in their folders. They leave as a souvenier when the child leaves. as Sarah says, Ofsted won't be interested in seing files on children that no longer attend your setting. Hope this helps x

sarah707
13-08-2008, 02:52 PM
I have different sets. I keep group observations to watch how the children interact with each other etc. These are mine to show Ofsted when they visit. Individual childrens obs i keep in their folders. They leave as a souvenier when the child leaves. as Sarah says, Ofsted won't be interested in seing files on children that no longer attend your setting. Hope this helps x

Couldn't have said it better myself ... so I won't! :D