PDA

View Full Version : Zoom?

loocyloo
29-01-2021, 10:46 AM
Good morning.

I've just seen information about a story telling and activity session next week to be held on zoom.

Does anyone do things on zoom with their minded children, and did you ask parents for permission? Do you have minded children visible or do you have video/audio off? I've only used it for me/ family events so far.

Thanks xxx

Maza
29-01-2021, 12:33 PM
We do library singing and story sessions on zoom. Yes, I asked parents for permission. I have the camera on for some of it because they like seeing their own faces. Then I turn the camera off because if the mindees wander off, you are stuck listening to the story by yourself because you feel a bit rude turning it off then. We like answering their questions too in the chat box and then the librarian responds, so it seems more interactive. Just think about what 'name' you use when you sign in - you may or may not want to use the children's/your settings names.

I think it is a nice way for children to learn about the wider community, which is a bit more challenging in lockdown.

loocyloo
29-01-2021, 01:27 PM
Thanks Maza.

All parents have given permission and for me to keep video and audio on too!

My zoom is currently in my whole name, so I think i might try to just change it to my first name.

Pixie dust
29-01-2021, 03:26 PM
I think I must be one of a few people that hasn't actually used Zoom yet as the one training session I was supposed to use I had to cancel due to a family emergency. I have had an email today about a group we used to attend which is holding a special Zoom event so will have to see if parents will give permission.

loocyloo
29-01-2021, 03:41 PM
I'd only used zoom when DH had set it up, but then a choir i really wanted to sing with started on zoom, so that got me going! It's easy enough really, and I am so not technical!

All our LA training is either on Skype or mictosoft teams.