PDA

View Full Version : 2 year progress check - which format do you use?

Mouse
19-01-2021, 05:51 PM
I've always done my 2 year progress checks based on the EYFS areas of learning. The health visitors use the ASQ-3 questionnaires, which I generally help parents complete, and I then write an EYFS one.

What do you use? I've always thought it's a bit daft that we expect HVs to take our EYFS assessments into account when they're used to dealing with ASQ. No wonder they often ignore what we've written!

For those of you who use your standardised LA form, is it based on EYFS or ASQ?

loocyloo
19-01-2021, 06:16 PM
My LA don't have one!

I use one based on EYFS. Depending which HV has been shown it ... 2 have said mine is simple to read as I write a brief sentence/statement for each of the 3 prime areas, with age band secure/ developing or emerging noted. Another for COEL, another for what child likes doing and another for what we're going to work on.

Some parents don't show HV, some HVs aren't interested! One once rang me as parents responses didn't match with mine, and child had refused to engage during visit. HV wanted to confirm that mine was accurate!

It will be interesting to see how 2 yr checks are done ( from our point ) once new eyfs in place!

Pixie dust
20-01-2021, 09:31 AM
I've always done my 2 year progress checks based on the EYFS areas of learning. The health visitors use the ASQ-3 questionnaires, which I generally help parents complete, and I then write an EYFS one.

What do you use? I've always thought it's a bit daft that we expect HVs to take our EYFS assessments into account when they're used to dealing with ASQ. No wonder they often ignore what we've written!

For those of you who use your standardised LA form, is it based on EYFS or ASQ?

Our LA one is EYFS based and just the 3 prime areas of learning. The data gets put on the LA portal which apparently feeds into what the HV does too and it also helps them to what 'need' there is in the county for various services such SALT etc.