PDA

View Full Version : Good afternoon Tuesday

Mouse
19-01-2021, 03:10 PM
What a miserable day it's been. The rain started early this morning and I don't think it's stopped since. I don't usually mind being out in a bit of rain, but this is horrible today. I might have to think about getting a covered area for outside so we can play out without getting wet.

We have had a lovely day indoors though. I covered the big table in paper and got lots of different things out - crayons, oil pastels, paint sticks, chalk, pencils, stampers, stickers etc. The children loved working together. We now have a lovely big picture and nowhere big enough to put it :laughing: I did send a photo to the parents and asked if any of them wanted it - they all said no :ROFL1:

We've also had the playdough out, which we do most days at the moment. Rather than get any tools or decorations out I said we'd see what we could make just with out hands. I showed the children how to roll out long sausages/snakes and how to roll them round to make spiral snails. The children did really well, even if some of the snakes ended up looking a bit rude, especially when they held them up and flopped them about :blush:

I hope you've been having good days.

loocyloo
19-01-2021, 03:31 PM
Sounds like you've had a lovely day Mouse.

We spent this morning reading stories and singing and dancing, then after lunch, whilst littlest 2 napped, we've watched a 'big machines' dvd ... it was DSs when he was little .... but although dated, it was still great to watch! ... cow poo lake anyone ?:laughing::clapping: those napping woke up and joined to watch rest of dvd! Biggest has had a couple of 10 minute dozes too!

Dvd is just finishing but no one wants to do anything! Think we'll make a den in playroom and hole up there! Teatime soon and home time!

More rain forecast tomorrow! What Joy! :D

Dragonfly
19-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Rain, rain go away! I’ve had enough now.