PDA

View Full Version : Anyone due an inspection?

Maza
05-01-2021, 10:47 AM
Anyone due an inspection?

I know Ofsted were due to start routine inspections again from January, but I wonder if they will put it off for a bit longer now that we are back in lockdown? Or, will they concentrate on early years settings because the schools are closed? Just speculating of course...

Mine was last January, but it was my second no children on role inspection in a row, so they said to let them know when I get children on role and they will come out and do a full inspection as soon as they can. I did let them know of course, and now I'm wondering if I'm top of their list :panic:

I kknow it's good to get it over with, but still...

loocyloo
05-01-2021, 11:42 AM
I was due by the end of last cycle ... so July 2020 .... but cycles now 6 years ( as of sept/oct 2020 ) .... so I'll be done by July 2022 !! :rolleyes::laughing:

Urgent/safeguarding inspections are being done but that's about it.

Maza
05-01-2021, 07:37 PM
I was due by the end of last cycle ... so July 2020 .... but cycles now 6 years ( as of sept/oct 2020 ) .... so I'll be done by July 2022 !! :rolleyes::laughing:

Urgent/safeguarding inspections are being done but that's about it.

Let's hope we're out of lockdown by then!

Dragonfly
05-01-2021, 08:06 PM
6 years! Think I was inspected 2019 I could be retired before my next one if 6 years :laughing: probably not though .

loocyloo
05-01-2021, 10:34 PM
Let's hope we're out of lockdown by then!

BUT .... in that we're in lockdown now, and they were not going to 'start' catching up until April 2021 anyway, and having to factor in new childminders/settings visits, and those for U/RI settings, and then inspections linked to complaints, I suspect it may be longer than July 2022! :laughing: Hey Ho! just going to keep going doing the same as i've always done ( and avoiding any phone call from a 0300 number :D )