PDA

View Full Version : Do you timetable certain activities?

Maza
04-01-2021, 01:49 PM
Obviously we all have a rough plan and routine for the day, and we all know these need to be flexible, but I was just wondering if you have set times of the day for doing a music session, or dance and movement, or story times etc?

I'm sure we all sing/read stories as and when throughout the day, but do you plan for a more structured time at all?

loocyloo
04-01-2021, 02:39 PM
my 'rough' plan is that everyone arrives and we have free play until time to do school run. Home from school and we have a story & song time, and usually some form of adult led activity, followed by snack time, and then either craft, free play and/or adult led depending how the day goes. Lunch and quiet/nap time. quiet activities either adult or child led whilst others sleep. free play, school run, and usually a craft activity/free play, then tea! then home! ...all interspersed with lots more stories and singing throughout the day. However ... sometimes we're so busy, we don't get round to doing anything structured all day!

Pixie dust
04-01-2021, 05:45 PM
We have free play from arrival then normally a story approx 9.40am followed by snack then we normally go outside then rest of the morning just depends on what the children are doing, lunch is at 12pm afternoons are always different depending on the day as some days I have children go/arrive after lunch where on other days its the same children all day. At the moment we are joining in with some online sessions from the library and we do a weekly Yoga session so we normally do them 'live'.

loocyloo
04-01-2021, 07:18 PM
Ooooo Pixie ... I like the sound of a live yoga session!

Pixie dust
04-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Ooooo Pixie ... I like the sound of a live yoga session!

The children love it ! its done through Facebook and you can message that you are watching so she then says the children's names which they think is great and that she can see them but she can't :clapping: I have found its been something positive to focus on during these difficult times. In normal times I think the lady runs groups in various community halls for pre schools so its been a bonus that we have been able to join in as we wouldn't actually attend a class in real life !

Maza
04-01-2021, 08:57 PM
It does sound great Pixie. I was actually going to ask if anyone knew of any yoga sessions for little ones. I'm feeling the need!

loocyloo
04-01-2021, 09:51 PM
LOL .... do you think Joe Wickes is going to start his daily PE up again? .... I don't think i can do it again !!! :laughing:

am thinking that with no ( few ) school runs to do, i'm going to need to put some structure into our day .... so think i'll be looking for an online/youtube something to do mid afternoon!

Unless we just walk to school anyway :laughing:

Pixie dust
04-01-2021, 10:01 PM
LOL .... do you think Joe Wickes is going to start his daily PE up again? .... I don't think i can do it again !!!

Yes he has already announced it will be back from Monday!:laughing:

Mouse
04-01-2021, 10:08 PM
It does sound great Pixie. I was actually going to ask if anyone knew of any yoga sessions for little ones. I'm feeling the need!

I use Cosmic Yoga on YouTube, but I would like to try a live online session with the children.

loocyloo
04-01-2021, 10:09 PM
Yes he has already announced it will be back from Monday!:laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: he might have to do without me this time !!!!

Mouse
04-01-2021, 10:09 PM
Unless we just walk to school anyway :laughing:

:ROFL1::ROFL1:

Dragonfly
05-01-2021, 06:05 AM
Joe wicks will definitely do without me . The last lockdown I asked someone what channel he was on so I could see what all the raves about him were about and turned it off after 10 mins. Not for me. I’ll rather do a field walk with the children and dog.