PDA

View Full Version : Personal details - how soon?

Maza
14-12-2020, 05:13 PM
How soon do you give prospective parents details such as your address, email or phone number?

I've just been contacted by a parent on childcare.co.uk. She gave me her phone number and asked if we can chat over messages rather than logging in all the time. Personally I don't give out details until we have had a bit of back and forth correspondence via childcare.co.uk, but wasn't sure if I was being over cautious.

Mouse
14-12-2020, 05:26 PM
My phone number is on the local authority website and my email is on the additional information bit on the childcare website. I don't mind parents having either of those from the beginning.

A lot of parents contact me through my facebook business page so we correspond through that for a while, but then I ask for their email address so I can send them my information sheet.

I think if parents are happy to give me their email address and phone number, I have no worries about giving them mine.

I don't give out my home address until we have booked a visit and I have got their address and phone number. I tell them roughly where I am early on, but I don't give out the actual address until later.

loocyloo
14-12-2020, 05:53 PM
My phone number is on the local authority website and my email is on the additional information bit on the childcare website. I don't mind parents having either of those from the beginning.

A lot of parents contact me through my facebook business page so we correspond through that for a while, but then I ask for their email address so I can send them my information sheet.

I think if parents are happy to give me their email address and phone number, I have no worries about giving them mine.

I don't give out my home address until we have booked a visit and I have got their address and phone number. I tell them roughly where I am early on, but I don't give out the actual address until later.

I'm pretty much the same, except if they are local, then they probably know where I live anyway!

moggy
14-12-2020, 06:17 PM
I'm pretty much the same, except if they are local, then they probably know where I live anyway!

Same here. I prefer using my email as I can keep track of it. I don't want to be relying on childcare.co.uk, in case they have a glitch and I lose the contact! I don't give address until they are visiting.