PDA

View Full Version : Anyone NOT do baking with mindees?

Maza
01-12-2020, 02:26 PM
I have always, always done baking with my mindees - especially at Christmas. However, I only have one mindee and I just know he won't stay in one place long enough to get much out of it. I'll spend more time setting up and clearing away. It would feel odd not doing any Christmas baking with him though. He's 22 months old.

Does anyone NOT do any baking with mindees?

Mouse
01-12-2020, 04:05 PM
It totally depends on the children.

I've found some of them prefer decorating to baking, so I'll make (or buy) plain cupcakes or biscuits and get them to decorate them. Mixing up some icing is as much as they want to help with, but they love doing the sprinkles and decorations.

loocyloo
01-12-2020, 06:42 PM
I've not done much baking with mindees since March! and that i have done, has been one on one with older children whilst younger ones slept!

I agree with Mouse ... sometimes it is just a 'decorating' type of baking !!!

SYLVIA
01-12-2020, 09:46 PM
I haven’t done baking but then again I don’t do it much anyway. I love doing crafts and thing but not cooking

FussyElmo
02-12-2020, 06:23 AM
Usually only for the mindees who want to do it. Otherwise I find its me baking while they play.

I do agree the younger children do seem to like the decorating more than the baking

Dragonfly
02-12-2020, 08:06 AM
I do baking especially with 2+ years who I let weigh etc( takes ages 🙄) I think it’s important to let try to put the ingredients on the scales and also crack an egg. yes, I’ve had egg on the floor and counter/table when they have missed the bowl and have had to pick shell out of the egg before use but it’s learning isn’t it?

Decorating and licking the bowl is enjoyed so much.

Next week we will be doing gingerbread shaped lollies dipped ( only the top or side) in chocolate.

Just expect a mess and make sure you have plenty of time.

Those that prefer not to do baking, they we survive without it. They have parents who hopefully do it with them .

mumofone
05-12-2020, 02:43 PM
I dont enjoy doing it with children unless they are 4+, they make a mess and rarely like the end product anyway. Don't want to get involved in the activity just want to dance around my kitchen asking when its ready!! But its one of those things i feel like i should be doing with them so always feel bad about not doing it!