PDA

View Full Version : Where do I find Covid info?

Maza
11-11-2020, 09:27 PM
I hate to ask about this scenario, as I really ought to know, but I have trawled through several info sheets online and I must be looking in the wrong place because I can't find the answer...

I sent mindee home today with a cough. Mum managed to get him tested for covid this evening. She wont get the results for 72 hours.

He went to dr first and he thinks it is a chest infection but obviously told to have a test just in case. He is staying off for the rest of the week.

Soooo, my question is - do me and my family need to self isolate? Or are we ok until we get his results back (obviously we are praying that they are negative)? None of us (or mindee's parents) have any symptoms.

FussyElmo
12-11-2020, 06:33 AM
You will only have to self isolate if the test comes back positive. Dh and dd self isolation will determine if they have contact with the lo over the last 48 hours.

Maza
12-11-2020, 06:37 AM
Thanks Fussy.

Fingers crossed it comes back negative.

FussyElmo
12-11-2020, 06:51 AM
Let's hope so I have got to admit this lockdown we seem to know loads of people who have tested positive:-(

Maza
13-11-2020, 08:17 AM
The results came back negative. Thank the lord.

Bit of a reminder and a wake up call about how firm we have to be with parents.

Pixie dust
13-11-2020, 09:10 AM
The results came back negative. Thank the lord.

Bit of a reminder and a wake up call about how firm we have to be with parents.

That's good news x

Dragonfly
13-11-2020, 05:26 PM
I don’t think some parents take it seriously at the moment. Yes, children get coughs at this time of year but as covid is about they need to keep them at home, inconvenient though it maybe.Glad your mindees test came back negative good news.

Maza
13-11-2020, 06:51 PM
I don’t think some parents take it seriously at the moment. Yes, children get coughs at this time of year but as covid is about they need to keep them at home, inconvenient though it maybe.Glad your mindees test came back negative good news.

Exactly. Even though their instincts tell them it is not covid they can't be sure, and it is not fair of them to put us in an awkward position. The reality of being a parent to a young child is that you will have to be inconvenienced sometimes and take time off work.