PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Monday

Mouse
09-11-2020, 09:59 AM
What a wet and miserable day we’ve got here. It seems to have rained non-stop since this new lockdown started. Very different to the one in March when I spent most of the time in the garden, tidying, painting the fences or just sitting in the sunshine reading a book! Now my time in the garden is spent trying to outwit the squirrels. I hate to admit it, but they’re winning :panic::laughing:

I’ve had a notification this morning that my advent calendar will be delivered today :clapping: I absolutely love advent calendars and spend weeks each year deciding which one (or ones) to get. I usually have a beauty one and this year have got the Holland and Barret one. It’s very good value for money (especially as I had money off coupons to use) and has things in it I wouldn’t usually buy, but will enjoy trying. The one arriving today is a wax melts one and I also have a traditional picture one with no chocolate or treats. The children don’t understand that one, but I do enjoy seeing a new picture each day! DH says I’m a big kid, but advent calendars are probably one of my favourite things about Christmas :laughing:

What’s everyone up to today?

FussyElmo
09-11-2020, 11:46 AM
Well I'm going to be very quiet over the next 3 weeks. One family's mum is shielding and another 2 have been told to isolate because of a positive case at school.

So i motivated myself tidied the downstairs. I'm making loaded chicken fries for dinner. I'm catching up with the washing pile it never seems to get smaller.

Have a good day everyone x

Pixie dust
09-11-2020, 01:03 PM
Well I'm going to be very quiet over the next 3 weeks. One family's mum is shielding and another 2 have been told to isolate because of a positive case at school.

So i motivated myself tidied the downstairs. I'm making loaded chicken fries for dinner. I'm catching up with the washing pile it never seems to get smaller.

Have a good day everyone x

Loaded chicken fries that sounds yummy !

We had a lovely weekend out walking, the weather was lovely but today is very damp and grey. I love Advent calendars too Mouse, I have seen some lovely ones but can't quite justify spending that much right now. I always find the traditional picture ones hard to find, having said that I haven't looked on Amazon !

We have had quiet morning as one arrived a little later today.

Dragonfly
09-11-2020, 02:01 PM
Loaded chicken fries sound great 👍

loocyloo
09-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Morning. or rather Afternoon! ... i wrote this earlier and for some reason it didn't go anywhere !!!!

I've been very productive .... and have actually finally filed my 19/20 tax return AND paid the tax !!!! :D NOW all i need to do is get this years accounts completely up to date! but thats a job for another day !!! :laughing: lets not push it! think i'm going to curl up with my book for the rest of the day,and maybe do some baking - but i'm not inspired! thinking possibly gingerbread ( cake ) I've just finished my book, and am wandering around looking for something to do, but can't quite settle to anything!

OOOO, that holland & Barrett advent calendar sounds nice. I get chocolate ones for DD & DS, and then we have an advent house that i put treats in for the minded children ( for after tea! ) i also have a felt advent calendar that has a daily activity, usually craft related for schoolies, in it. I keep thinking i'll not do it this year, but these pesky children remember from previous years !! :laughing::D:laughing: I guess i'd better start getting organised for that. It is a nuisance that we are in lockdown, as i usually wander around all the pound/cheap shops picking up odds & ends for craft calendar ... maybe this is the year i actually work through my craft stash :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Fussy ... I agree ... my washing pile is always overflowing ... i think i'm on top of it, turn round and it is full again !!!

I've only got 1 little mindee during the day tomorrow ... so that will be a day of trains ! ( other 2 are isolating - also because of mum isolating ) and then 2 schoolies. Hope it brightens up a bit this week ... its still gloomy and foggy here today.

edited to say .... YES ... i think we need a recipe for chicken fries !!!!

FussyElmo
10-11-2020, 07:14 AM
I have made them sound more exotic than they are.

I made sweet potato fries with a coating of cornflour, smoked paprika and garlic granules, vegetable oil.

I marinated some chicken fries cut to the same size as the potato fries.

Baked the sweet potato fries topped with cheese then topped with the griddles chicken peppers tomatoes mushrooms.

I put under the grill just to melt the cheese.

Top the fries and cheese with any topping you want dd wants chicken and bacon next time

loocyloo
10-11-2020, 07:26 AM
Mmmmmmm ... that sounds delicious x