PDA

View Full Version : News letter

Dragonfly
25-10-2020, 08:30 AM
Does anyone have a newsletter template I could look at please? Not done one for years.

loocyloo
25-10-2020, 07:33 PM
I don't have a template as such but I send a newsletter home at the start of each term .... usually I start with a brief ' hope you had a good summer/ Christmas/ Easter' 'I did xyz'

Then a list of relevant dates such as half term/ term dates, my holiday dates, funding dates etc for the next 6 mths ( although I put my holiday for next year in ) and then a bit about any themes/ books we'll be reading.

Usually a bit about activities we did/ places we went last term and a request for parents to tell me anywhere they've been that we might enjoy!

I mention any training I've done/ going to do.

We wish xyz happy 123rd birthday

Any other random information I think they need to know/my LA has asked me to forward etc. This Sept i included a copy of my corona policy etc! ( even though I had emailed it to everyone! )

Then finish with a brief reminder about not sending ill children, sending wellies and waterproofs everyday for under 5s, indoor shoes/spare socks for everyone etc and a 'love loocyloo'

I was putting a photo on, but it took up too much room! I usually try to make it just one side of A4, and usually different colours for different paragraphs.

Pixie dust
26-10-2020, 09:47 AM
I do the same as Loocyloo I don't have a template, I normally do one at the start of term with holiday dates, reminders about coats etc as they all arrive in the car and will often come without a coat !

Dragonfly
27-10-2020, 06:32 AM
Thank you very much. Loocyloo you have one at 123 years old wow !!! I know not really.

Haven’t done a newsletter yet but I did send out a letter about sending unwell children.
Think a bugbear of all childminders/ nurseries dose with carpool and send.
I also asked for a sweater or cardigan to be sent. We’re meant to ventilate the rooms when the children are here and if you live in a oldish house can get chilly.
How are you all dealing with that? I’m like queen put a jumper on ! I will put heating on low but don’t like a hot house anyway.And I’m trying to be outside a lot of the time but obviously the weather ( rain) isn’t playing ball.

loocyloo
27-10-2020, 07:34 AM
I live in an old cold house .... apart from the kitchen which has the aga in it! I've always asked for a warm jumper to be sent, especially as a fair few only have those thin all in one waterproofs.
If not, I have some spare sweatshirts and I pop one of those on a child. If child is there another day, I keep it for them to wear again, if not, it goes in the washing and dries overnight on aga!
I have windows open all the time anyway, which along with the draughts keeps us fresh!