PDA

View Full Version : A covid question

Mouse
19-10-2020, 12:07 PM
My son has today found out that someone from his footy team has tested positive for Covid-19.

He doesn't know who it is, but he's been told that the last time the person was at training was on 6th October. He doesn't know what date that person actually tested positive.

The team manager has said that the whole team has to isolate for 2 days - I'm assuming that's because they were in contact on 6th and 14 days isolation from then would take us to 20th, so today & tomorrow.

My son can easily self isolate here away from me and the children, although it seems a bit late now!

No one here has any symptoms so I'm assuming I don't have to close. Please tell me I'm right :confused:

moggy
19-10-2020, 12:26 PM
That's right- as long as he can keep separate from you and the children and if he has to share any areas of the house then clean thoroughly.

Mouse
19-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Thank you Moggy.

One of my other sons is going to be away with work until Wednesday so I'm going to send him to his house for a couple of days. It'll work well. He can isolate there and look after his brother's cats at the same time!

FussyElmo
19-10-2020, 03:19 PM
Contact your phone team they will advise fully

Most cases they are saying yes if the person can isolate fully from your mindees

Contacts: PHE health protection teams - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/contacts-phe-health-protection-teams)