PDA

View Full Version : It’s the weekend!

Mouse
17-10-2020, 07:54 AM
We’ve got a wet and miserable day so it’s a good job we haven’t got any plans to go anywhere. With all these new local lockdown rules I’m not even sure we’re allowed to go anywhere anyway! I sometimes wonder if we’d just be better off going into a full lockdown again, although I know that’s not a popular idea. At least we might all know what we’re allowed, or not allowed to do!

Actually, I do need to nip to the garden centre for compost. I tried to buy some from the supermarket the other day but they had none. I asked a member of staff if they had any, but he said they only sell it in the summer! I assume no one does any planting at any other time of the year :rolleyes:

Have any of you got any nice plans for the weekend? If the rain stops I’m going to trim some bushes in the front garden. I only noticed yesterday how big they’d grown so now I want them cut right back. DH won’t be happy if he sees me with the hedge trimmers - he prefers a wilder looking bush while I like something neatly trimmed :ROFL1:

loocyloo
17-10-2020, 08:19 AM
good luck Mouse!

we're off to look at a 6th form college for DD .... i'm very impressed .... we're actually being allowed to look round IN REAL LIFE! not virtually! we can even TALK to the teachers !!!! :laughing:

then not much .... I do need to attempt to tame this unruly utility room of mine ... but who knows if i'll actually manage it :D

enjoy the weekend everybody! :thumbsup:

Maza
17-10-2020, 08:24 AM
It's exactly a year to the day since we moved out of London. I'm actually really tearful remembering how emotional and overwhelmed DD and I were this time last year. This time last year I was still in my old flat with the packers packing everything around me. I was on tablets from the doctor to help me get through it. Gosh, I've never felt as low as I did back then. DH is totally settled, but DD and I both have moments where we pine for the familiarity of our old life, even though we absolutely love where we are and there were a lot of negatives about our old set up.

Anyway, I need to stop thinking about it and cheer myself up. Has anybody watched 'Life' (think it's on iplayer)? Our neighbour recommended it, so I might watch that this weekend. We watched 'Us' and it was really enjoyable. I do enjoy a British mini series.

SYLVIA
17-10-2020, 04:08 PM
It’s a cloudy day here but dry. Got up at 6 as I was wide awake. By 10 o’clock I’d done 2 wash loads, made a casserole for tomorrow’s dinner ( I always cook the day before then for an hour the next day) and made mushroom scoop for lunch. When for a walk with a friend. Then after lunch I scarified the lawn and cut it, did some weeding and went to the gardens centre for lawn feed. Don’t know what happened to me but I feel full of energy. I’ll probably do nothing tomorrow now !!! Enjoy your weekend everyone