PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Courses

mumofone
26-09-2020, 10:29 AM
Has anyone done a blended course recently? How did you find it? Has anyone done a course during these covid times?

loocyloo
26-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Has anyone done a blended course recently? How did you find it? Has anyone done a course during these covid times?

I did a blended course last time .. Jan 2018 ... it was fine. It took me about 3 hours to cover the 6 hrs of online learning and we covered the other 6 hrs in a few hours of practical training! Then we talked alot! Sadly the training company I did it with are only running 'in house' training for settings now, so I've had to find another provider. ( Just booked with Tigerlily ... discounts if booking through childcare.co.uk or pacey if you're a member of either ) Last time, I had to do the online bit first, this time I have 4 weeks to do online bit once I've attended the full day.

Having done paediatric first aid for over 30 years, I would rather do a refresher course than 2 full days and this seems the best option.

A friend did first aid training recently ( not pead though and with a different company) and said it was good and safe, they sat apart, and only wore masks for group/pair work.

Maza
26-09-2020, 01:22 PM
Is the blended one where you do 6 hours online?

If so, then yes, I've did that one the time before last. It was absolutely fine and is great if you have your own childcare to sort out.

Pixie dust
29-09-2020, 06:46 PM
I did a full 12 hour First Aid course over 2 weekends and it was fine, it was a small class and we were spaced apart and had our own equipment that nobody else could touch, some of the practical stuff we couldn't do like recovery position but we banadaged ourselves etc it felt very safe.