PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Thursday

Mouse
11-06-2020, 09:02 AM
Last working day of the week for me today. It's weeks since I've looked forward to my Friday day off :laughing:

It's cold and damp today which is a shame after all the lovely weather we've had. I knew it would happen though - the children come back and the rains starts! Luckily we've got wellies and raincoats so we can still get into the garden for a run around.

What's everyone doing about Father's Day crafts this year? I've seen various posts on social media saying that we should be limiting the amount of stuff that gets passed between our settings and home. Are you limiting how many craft bits you send home? I was still planning on making cards with the children. After all, I've been dropping craft packs off to them at home all through lockdown, although I have been spraying the bags with antibac spray before taking them. Any thoughts?

Have good days everyone xx

FussyElmo
11-06-2020, 09:22 AM
Good morning mouse last day of the week for me too.

I'm trying to book for a zoo for next weekend. Its dds 12 birthday and it would be nice to do something after 3 months of being at home. However they are very busy.

I dont tend to do father day crafts so it's not a dilemma I have to face. But if you have been dropping items to them there is no difference. Or maybe do it early in the week and then put it in a plastic wallet so there is time for the virus to go.

There is certainly a fine line between staying alert and being over cautious so its hard

loocyloo
11-06-2020, 10:21 AM
Morning!

I've just been for a lovely walk through the woods with a friend. Grey skies, but not cold at all.

We make a card for fathers day and that's what we'll do this year. We've still be doing painting/ drawing/ sticking and sending it home. Up to the parents to decide what to do with it!
I haven't done baking with the children, but we did make popcorn ( well ... my machine popped it ) and children added sugar to their bag and took it home!

Mouse
11-06-2020, 11:04 AM
Thanks both. I'll carry on with sending crafts home :thumbsup:
To be honest, it wouldn't have occurred to me not to, but you know what it's like when you read what others are doing and start questioning yourself :panic: :blush:

Dragonfly
11-06-2020, 11:46 AM
I’ve been doing crafts/ paintings and sent them home! Will continue to do so . I don’t wipe my post when the postman delivers it. Think low risk and it didn’t occur to me to not send it home 🙄. Nobody has objected.

Also I’ve been wiping all the outside toys after use (exhausting) ride ons, trampoline etc another childminder said why are you doing that they are outside. I thought we had too? Does everyone else?

FussyElmo
11-06-2020, 12:37 PM
I am wiping down everything as we use it. Luckily my mindee enjoys cleaning up :laughing:

I think even though its outside the virus can still live on surfaces that's why playgrounds haven't reopened

loocyloo
11-06-2020, 01:24 PM
I am wiping down everything as we use it. Luckily my mindee enjoys cleaning up :laughing:

I think even though its outside the virus can still live on surfaces that's why playgrounds haven't reopened

that's what i am doing. i too, have a mindee who loves to clean!:laughing:

Dragonfly
11-06-2020, 02:12 PM
well I’ll continue then.

Pixie dust
11-06-2020, 08:16 PM
I am doing Father's Day cards if I can get something planned. I feeling so much more tired now having all the early years children back. I think its a combination of being busier and the cleaning at the end of the day seems to be more than when I just had the 2 key worker children. Now that the government has confirmed schools will be closed to all children for the summer I am wondering if some of my older ones will be returning over the summer, one family have been sending the children in to school as both parents are key workers but they haven't been coming to me when they usually do and I know some of the others their parents are returning to work over the coming weeks. I have enjoyed having just the little ones to be honest and I am not sure I am ready for them to come back!