PDA

View Full Version : The Big Flower Fight

Maza
03-06-2020, 05:10 PM
We have just discovered this tv competition. Has anyone seen it? Same format as Bake off, sewing bee etc. Vic Reeves is one of the presenters - I'm not sure who the female presenter is.

I don't know if it is a new show or if it has been on for years, but we LOVE it!

FussyElmo
03-06-2020, 05:13 PM
Not heard of that one Maza what channel is it on?

loocyloo
03-06-2020, 06:21 PM
ooooo sounds good!

Mouse
03-06-2020, 06:58 PM
That looks interesting. I've googled it and it's on Netflix so I'll have to figure out how to sign in!

I like Vic Reeves. Did you see him on Celebrity Portrait Artist of the Year? He was very good.

Maza
03-06-2020, 08:20 PM
As Mouse said, it's on Netflix. No, I didn't see Vic Reeves on the artist of the year show - was he participating or presenting it? I'm trying to work out if he has an interest in plants/flowers or whether its just another tv presenting job for him.

Mouse
03-06-2020, 11:15 PM
He was a contestant on Portrait Artist of the Year and was actually very good, if a bit different. I’m sure I’ve seen him on another painting competition before but can’t think what it was now.

This is what I can see about him presenting... “ Reeves, real name Jim Moir, is a keen gardener and countryside enthusiast and has previously hand-made flowers for the National Trust's A Plant in Time exhibition.”

I do prefer to think presenters do these programmes because they’re genuinely interested rather than it being just another job.

Mouse
04-06-2020, 07:13 PM
DH is forever saying we ought to sit down together one night and watch something on Netflix.

He said it again tonight so I said yes, there was something I wanted to watch. While he went and sorted out some snacks I found the Big Flower Fight. He's taken his peanuts and gone off in a huff :ROFL1: