PDA

View Full Version : Ladies don't be shocked

FussyElmo
01-06-2020, 07:26 PM
But I have dyed my hair :laughing:

Maza
01-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Ooooooh!!! Is it a new colour/shade to your pre-lockdown colour?

Mouse
01-06-2020, 07:43 PM
:clapping::excited::happy banana::magnificent::welldone::goodjob:

I'm going to do mine at the weekend. I usually leave it till the roots are about 2cm of grey but at the moment they're about 10cm :eek:

SYLVIA
01-06-2020, 08:03 PM
I’m just not looking in the mirror

FussyElmo
02-06-2020, 07:08 AM
Maza no I have stuck to dark drown/black. I would like to go lighter but going to wait till I can get a hairdresser to do it.

I'm welcoming mindees back tomorrow so I had to do it I may have scared them :laughing:

Maza
02-06-2020, 07:17 AM
See that's what happens when you run out of rooms to decorate Fussy!

So, did it save you much money and if so do you think you will be doing it again?

loocyloo
02-06-2020, 07:18 AM
i was very tempted to add a blue tint to my hair !!!! BUT, i have alot of white hair amongst the brown and i wasn't sure! years ago i had a temporary red tint put in, and the white hair 'sucked' it up and it never really washed out !!!!

I used to know a lady who had a short bob ( just above her shoulders ) in a beautiful bright mahogany colour ... one day she had it up in a little pony tail, and it was very short underneath, and died turquoise and golden yellow like a macaw! I loved it, but would never be brave enough to do that ( plus i'm lazy, and the time and effort to keep it up must be immense! )

Mouse
02-06-2020, 07:44 AM
i was very tempted to add a blue tint to my hair !!!! BUT, i have alot of white hair amongst the brown and i wasn't sure! years ago i had a temporary red tint put in, and the white hair 'sucked' it up and it never really washed out !!!!

I used to know a lady who had a short bob ( just above her shoulders ) in a beautiful bright mahogany colour ... one day she had it up in a little pony tail, and it was very short underneath, and died turquoise and golden yellow like a macaw! I loved it, but would never be brave enough to do that ( plus i'm lazy, and the time and effort to keep it up must be immense! )

I love it when the white hairs react differently to the dye. I often use a reddish dye and the white hairs end up a really bright postbox red while the rest is a more subtle colour. I end up with these really bright highlights :laughing: I don’t even know what my true hair colour would be these days. I only use a semi-permanent dye, but the colour never seems to wash out of the length of my hair.

I have a friend who did something similar to your friend. Her hair was blond with purple hidden underneath. It looked amazing, but like you, I couldn’t be bothered with the upkeep. It’s enough work keeping on top of the grey!

FussyElmo
02-06-2020, 09:17 AM
See that's what happens when you run out of rooms to decorate Fussy!

So, did it save you much money and if so do you think you will be doing it again?

🤣🤣🤣 the skip arrived today I'm already scouring the house for anything I deem worthy of skipping. Plus I have painted the stairs as they needed refreshing.

Yes I would dye my own hair it's probably save me £40 doing it myself. I would go to the hairdresser if I want it lighter not brave enough to bleach it myself.

I see all these lovely colours but Mouse/loocyloo like yourselves it's the upkeep. Straightening my hair is a chore :laughing:

Dragonfly
03-06-2020, 11:42 AM
July 8 th think hairdressers are back and I can’t wait. My one comes to my house suppose still masks each .