PDA

View Full Version : Prime minister update may 10th 2020

FussyElmo
10-05-2020, 07:00 PM
Prime minister update

Step 1 Able to exercise more and play sport in a family from the same household as of wednesday
Encourage people who cant work from home to go back to work. However if possible not to use public transport. This hasnt really changed just an emphasis on employers providing a safe working space. There has been NO update on whether or not we can take on non keyworker children.

Step 2 June 1st a phased reopening of schools and primary schools for reception year 1and year 6. For secondary schools hopefully year 10 will be able to connect with their teachers

Step 3 hope to reopen some of the hospitality sector.

Each step will only happen if they in no increase in the r infection rate.
We wait for further details

SYLVIA
10-05-2020, 07:52 PM
I don’t see any change to our situation until schools start opening. Even then I don’t know how that works with us being able to have children here. I think he’s statement confused the situation more than clarified anything. Maybe we will learn more during the week

FussyElmo
10-05-2020, 07:59 PM
The dfe have released a statement saying thst they will announce more information about school early years ooening from june 1st tomorrow

loocyloo
10-05-2020, 08:43 PM
Thanks Fussy.

I think it's all a touch confused, but basically the same as before!

Mouse
10-05-2020, 09:26 PM
I don't know what I was expecting, but I was very underwhelmed by the PM's speech. Everything he said had already been reported so there wasn't anything new.

I know I didn't expect any great lifting of restrictions but I thought there might be something more said.

FussyElmo
11-05-2020, 08:08 AM
I dont get why he needed to make a speech could have announced the lifting of restrictions on exercise on wednesday.

People going back to work well im guessing the manufacturing/construction sectors have been in talks with the government on reopening.

Personally i cant see the list of critical keyworkers changing much else every child will be entitled to go to school.

According to raab you can drive as far as you want to visit a beauty spot as long as everyone is social distancing .