PDA

View Full Version : Good morning Saturday

Mouse
18-04-2020, 06:21 AM
I woke up in real flap this morning thinking I’d overslept. I then realised it was Saturday and that I hadn’t worked for a month so the fact it was passed my ‘normal’ get up time didn’t matter at all :laughing:

I’m still in bed now, listening to the birds tweeting happily and pondering my plans for today. So far my mind is drawing a blank. I don’t want another day of tidying, cleaning and sorting. It’s getting a bit mundane now but I still struggle to do anything else without feeling I have to have done some chores first! I’ve seen on Facebook that lots of friends have been doing jigsaws. I bought one for DH for Christmas a couple of years ago and he’s never done it. I might see if I can find that and give it a go.

I hope those of you who are still working enjoy your weekend. Stay safe everyone :thumbsup:

loocyloo
18-04-2020, 08:40 AM
Good morning Mouse!

I hope you enjoyed your early start and listening to the birds.

I know what you mean. I always feel that I have to do a job or chore before I can get on and do what I want for the day.

A jigsaw sounds fun, we haven't got any 'adult' ones ... my biggest is 100 piece Noah's Ark!

I was going through my fabric stash to give to a friend who is making scrub hats/ masks etc as part of a group, and I found some cross stitch kits that I bought in Australia almost 25 years ago !!! I'm thinking I might get on with one, and/or ... I was learning how to crochet amigurni ( can't spell it! ) creatures so again, I might have a go again ... but I do have a few 'work' jobs on my todo list to do!

Take care xxx:group hug:

Maza
18-04-2020, 09:19 AM
I can't pretend that I have anything interesting to do today. I am enjoying having time to do guilt free reading for pleasure though.

I normally watch Breakfast TV when I get up, but it is so dull at the minute and repeats it stories more often than usual. There is literally nothing else on the news other than coronavirus.

Yesterday I had some plastic lidded storage boxes delivered. We needed to start storing some of DD's craft/sewing resources in lidded containers now that we have a curious puppy who can climb the stairs to the bedrooms where it all is stored. Then I used some left over boxes to tidy the Easter and Christmas decorations cupboard, so that felt productive.

Looking forward to the Great British Sewing Bee starting next week.

FussyElmo
18-04-2020, 09:59 AM
Maza i was gutted wednesday because i had settled down to watch a week earlier.

I do feel the same that i need to do something productive before sitting down and doing something for me.

We did our Netflix party with my brother and his family the 4th one now.

Its really cold here today dd wants to make waffles for dessert so we will do that and possibly see what crime tv series i can binge watch on itv3 :laughing:

Dragonfly
18-04-2020, 03:48 PM
Sorry FussyElmo what’s a Netflix party?

FussyElmo
18-04-2020, 03:58 PM
Sorry FussyElmo what’s a Netflix party?

It where you csn sit and watch the same film but in different households. My brother is in Australia and you have the ability to text each other through a laptop

SYLVIA
18-04-2020, 04:49 PM
I was awake just before 7 today. Had a coffee, cuddled the cat until he got bored and watched a bit of breakfast TV. Then decided to go for a walk. Then spent the day in the loft sorting out stuff for the skip. Very therapeutic! Tomorrow will probably be the same as DP is home and the loft is stuffed with his belongings that he insists he will need at some point. I really can’t see him needing a video player, 5 DVD players and 3 old sky boxes and routers!! Then next week I’m planning to pot on the seedlings I’ve grown and set out the fairy gardens again. I might be working with key workers children 3 days from next week so I’m making the most of my freedom. Enjoy the weekend everyone

Dragonfly
18-04-2020, 09:00 PM
Thank you 😊