PDA

View Full Version : HELP ON PROCESS OF EMPLOYING A CLEANER

myriamabedi
04-02-2020, 01:43 PM
HI ALL
CAN ANYONE POINT ME OUT ON THE PROCESS OF EMPLOYING A CLEANER (ON PART TIME BASIS) AT MY PREMISES WHICH I USE FOR MY CHILDMINDING AND HOW TO SET UP THEIR WAGES ,PAY THEIR TAXES INCLUDING INSURANCE NUMBERS ETC.....
WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IF I CAN HAVE A GUIDE OR PROCESS THAT I CAN FOLLOW TO GET IT DONE.(I LIVE IN SCOTLAND)

moggy
04-02-2020, 01:59 PM
BIM52751 - Business Income Manual - HMRC internal manual - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/hmrc-internal-manuals/business-income-manual/bim52751)

You do not employ a cleaner, surely? You just buy their service for a few hours a week? Like a window cleaner or a gardener etc. If, and how much, you can claim as childminding expenses depends... see link above.
I do not use a cleaner, but someone else might be able to reply with personal experience.

Kiddleywinks
05-02-2020, 10:42 AM
As moggy said above, you don't generally employ a cleaner, they're normally self employed so are responsible for their own tax and insurance.

If you are wanting to claim some of the expense for a cleaner in your accounts, then you will need a receipt from them.