PDA

View Full Version : Out of school children and record keeping

sarah707
27-07-2019, 10:13 PM
I have received clarification from Ofsted that we do not need to keep learning and development records for children who only attend before and after the school day or in the holidays. This means any wrap around children - of any age - do not need a file of learning and development information and an inspector should not ask for any.

If they do ask, we should refer them to point 113 on page 24 of the new Early Years Inspection handbook...

113 Providers (including childminders) who only offer care before and after school or during the school holidays for children who normally attend Reception (or older) classes during the school day do not have to meet the learning and development requirements for those children. *For children younger than Reception age*, the provider must have regard to, but does not have to meet, the learning and development requirements. In both cases, this means they only have to meet the safeguarding and welfare requirements of the EYFS. The arrangements for inspecting this type of provision are set out in annex A.

This clarification comes directly from Ofsted Policy :D

loocyloo
29-07-2019, 07:20 AM
Yay!

I haven't for the past few years anyway!

I keep a scrapbook with photos etc in, and if something amazing happens, then I do share info with school/nursery.

Dragonfly
01-08-2019, 12:51 PM
Thank you. I hadn’t and didn’t think we needed to but thank you for the clarification 👍