PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork after settling in but no further care

hbcm
19-07-2019, 06:00 PM
Hi all.

I had an enquiry, all went well and mum and dad brought little one for an hour settling in session, when we were going to sign contracts. After the hour session dad said they had to discuss as had the possibility of having 2 cm's (myself and another). I basically took this as a no thanks to moving forward. And I haven't heard anything from them since.

The policies and procedures had been digitally signed on my online system, I have some of their personal details and I recorded hours the child was here, but how long should I keep that info? Is it the same as a child I have actually minded with a contract?

Thank you, Helen x

moggy
20-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Did they actually leave the child in your care?
Was any money involved (had they paid? deposit?)
If no to the above, then I'd just forget about it as that is not even classed as 'childminding'.
If yes to the first point then I'd keep just the info you have already with a note of what happened to remind yourself in the future and file as usual until the child is 21.
If yes to the second point- just keep financial records as you usually would.

hbcm
15-08-2019, 09:05 PM
Thanks Moggy. They did leave LO for an hour, no money was involved. I've kept the register showing his attendance. Also I printed the info I had like the names and addresses of parents etc. Is it ok to keep this under the GDPR?

moggy
17-08-2019, 04:53 PM
Thanks Moggy. They did leave LO for an hour, no money was involved. I've kept the register showing his attendance. Also I printed the info I had like the names and addresses of parents etc. Is it ok to keep this under the GDPR?

Yes as you have a legitimate reason to keep them.