PDA

View Full Version : Introduction to Childminding - Question

kat80
10-06-2019, 10:59 PM
Hi all

New to the forum but just a quick one really. I am in the process of getting myself setup as a Childminder and I have signed up to ChildCare.co.uk (Gold membership) I have done numerous courses but I was wondering if doing a certain mix of them would equate to having done the Introduction to Childminding course that the Ofsted require?

It just strikes me as if I am missing something with the mention of CYPOP5 and nothing on ChildCare.co.uk of this ilk?

Everything else is in place DBS, 1st Aid, Food Hygine etc
But I can't help but feel I have missed the point with the above course?

Any help and advice would be fantastic! :)

Thanks
Kat

loocyloo
12-06-2019, 01:38 PM
I don't know, as it was a long time ago that I registered, but I think you need to talk to your local authority and attend one of their 'introduction to childminding' courses.

Good luck xx

FussyElmo
13-06-2019, 06:50 AM
The courses on childcare are meant as continous professional development.

You need to contact your local authority and speak to them as they could be running one. Dont forget to ask about thr dafeguarding course as well.

There are other companies that offer the introduction to childminding.

Good luck with your childminding journey

moggy
13-06-2019, 07:39 AM
Ofsted do not require any particular Introduction to Childminding course any more. It is up to you which course you do or how you prepare yourself for the Ofsted registration visit. Speaking to your local authority would be a good place to start, to see what is available in your area.
This topis was mentioned at the end of the recent Ofsted webinar- www.gotostage.com/channel/ofstedwebinars

sarah707
16-06-2019, 08:04 PM
There is lots of guidance here - How to Register as a Childminder in England - Childcare.co.uk (https://www.childcare.co.uk/how-to-register-as-a-childminder)

However, if you don't have a background in early years I would recommend an 'introduction to home-based childcare' training course.

I am an assessor on the Early Years Alliance course and it's very thorough ... other providers are available.

Good luck with your journey :D