PDA

View Full Version : permission/medical form for daily medicine?

loocyloo
03-05-2019, 07:18 AM
Good morning.

I have a new LO started with me, who has gaviscon with each meal. it is prescribed by the Dr, and Mum has given me a box of sachets. This week, I have written it down in medical file and got mum to sign on collection, but this is going to be a faff long term! ( and also, ALOT of extra paper in LOs file! )

I used to use the pacey medical book, but it didn't work for me, so i created my own file and sheets, but i can't remember if there was a 'long term' medication form!

If there is, can anyone tell me what is on it, or can anyone give me any guidance on what to write/word a form, or what i should do! it seems odd, but i can't remember ever having a child who required daily medication as a childminder! ( I've been doing it almost 16 yrs as well!!! )

Thanks
xxx

FloraDora
03-05-2019, 08:00 AM
I used an online system, it had a ‘Currently active short and long term medications’ title.

It really was the same as usual medical form it just had a choice of short term or long term to indicate how long the medication will be taken for.
I used to also write in the description something like: ‘ to be taken as advised until doctor states otherwise’.

I had a child on long term medication but only changed medical form when dosage or medication altered, probably twice a year when she was seen by the consultant.

loocyloo
03-05-2019, 11:57 AM
I used an online system, it had a ‘Currently active short and long term medications’ title.

It really was the same as usual medical form it just had a choice of short term or long term to indicate how long the medication will be taken for.
I used to also write in the description something like: ‘ to be taken as advised until doctor states otherwise’.

I had a child on long term medication but only changed medical form when dosage or medication altered, probably twice a year when she was seen by the consultant.

Thanks... did mum need to sign each time, or just when things changed?

FloraDora
05-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Thanks... did mum need to sign each time, or just when things changed?

Just when things changed.

loocyloo
05-05-2019, 03:17 PM
Great. Thanks xx