PDA

View Full Version : Help with fees

Kes
12-08-2008, 02:20 PM
I am moving house next week :panic: and when I spoke to someone from the area a month ago she said that there was one childminder already there but that she was moving in august. I had decided to charge £3.20 an hour as I won't be able to put my fees up for a while. Have just been on the childlink and she has updated her info today saying she has spaces so she must be staying. She charges £3 so I don't know if I should charge £3 or stay with my original plan. Its not a very big village so I don't want to price myself out.
I know its my business and my decision but just wondered what you would all do.
Sorry for the long post.

Kerry.

EllieF
12-08-2008, 02:37 PM
20p is neither here nor there if parents like you, so I would stick with your original fees
Ellie

Chatterbox Childcare
12-08-2008, 02:43 PM
I would stick with what you planned on.

Sell your assets and don't worry about others

Debbie

Bushpig
12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
I am moving house next week :panic: and when I spoke to someone from the area a month ago she said that there was one childminder already there but that she was moving in august. I had decided to charge £3.20 an hour as I won't be able to put my fees up for a while. Have just been on the childlink and she has updated her info today saying she has spaces so she must be staying. She charges £3 so I don't know if I should charge £3 or stay with my original plan. Its not a very big village so I don't want to price myself out.
I know its my business and my decision but just wondered what you would all do.
Sorry for the long post.

Kerry.

As said, 20p is nothing if parent's like you :) Go for it!

Heaven Scent
12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I'd stick with my price but also offer cheaper rates for full days and full weeks etc and undercut her with discounts for siblings then it will be swings and roundabouts - There is a childminder almost directly across the road from me who charges £4.00 ph and I charge £3.50 - but she charges much less for full days than I do and as it turned out she has more part-timers and I have more with full days and full weeks so its as broad as its long. If when parents call you have a space and they like you then they'll stick with you.

Kes
12-08-2008, 03:07 PM
Thank you for your replies. Your right it is just 20p think I'm just worrying because I am newly registered. Like you say if they like me they will pay the little extra. Will stick to my original plan saves me retyping and printing everything again anyway.

Kerry

butterfly
12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
i would stick! the other minder in my town charges 25p less than me but charges extra for food so it's swings and roundabouts. i think it's all about whether they like you when the costs are so similar. you could try not putting your fees on ************* and then people would be roped in and see what you're like before they know the cost.