PDA

View Full Version : First inspection

Newbielou
18-09-2018, 11:55 AM
Hi all
I've been registered 25 months and I had my first graded inspection yesterday. She had initially called me on Friday asking what children I had what day. I was to expect her monday to thursday. When she arrived yesterday after initial introduction etc she informed me I had broken the rules in regard to continuity of care on the tuesday as Ofsted have no record of me notifying them of my variation. She went onto tell me i was unlikely to get higher than a Requires Improvement due to the variation and failing to notify. I tried to argue the case that I had to satisfy the inspector, not notify ofsted but she insisted they should have a record of me telling them of this variation which is for 4 hours on a tuesday. WHen I have these 4 I am satisfied that as they are the only children present their care isnt affected i've risk assessed and covered how I met all their needs and all eyfs parents have read and signed.

She was very satisfied in my setting towards the end and she I know I cant share my grade but day wasnt as devastating as I expected, and she said my teaching was verging on outstanding and that I am a fantastic storyteller which was nice to hear.

The thing is I'm going to be devastated if my report mentions that I havent upheld the EYFS due to this variation because I dont agree that I was wrong. I've read that document cover to cover and can honestly say I follow it to the letter.

Where do I go from here?

FussyElmo
18-09-2018, 12:21 PM
Personally i would be contacting Ofsted about this immediately and telling them if it appears in your report or has lowered your grading in any way you will be putting in a complaint and appealing as no where does it state we have to inform ofsted.

As soonas you receive your report go through it with a fine toothcomb. If it does appear they you only have so long to complain.

Let us know how you go on please

Newbielou
18-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Hi, thank you for your advice I have emailed Ofsted with a brief overview of what happened. I have also contacted my local early years team who have said I have done nothing wrong and will back me in a complaint if necessary. They want to see my report when I receive it and will bring the inconsistency up when they meet with Ofsted.

FussyElmo
19-09-2018, 05:28 AM
Complain about an Ofsted inspection report - GOV.UK (https://www.gov.uk/complain-ofsted-report)

Hope this helps

sarah707
30-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Sadly there are still ofsted inspectors who don't know their own rules :panic:

Please ask if there is anything we can do to support you - we know the rules well and have lots of Ofsted contacts if needed :)

mandy46
21-03-2019, 12:47 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;1434958]Sadly there are still ofsted inspectors who don't know their own rules :panic:

Please ask if there is anything we can do to support you - we know the rules well and have lots of Ofsted contacts if needed :)[/help me]

Hi Sarah im looking for advice on what ofsted require in the Liverpool Merseyside Area on a first proper inspection after pre reg and how long do you wait after your pre reg for your first inspection

Thanks

Mandy