PDA

View Full Version : who pays for assistant's dbs and first aid?

meliflua
07-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Who does pay for it normally?
Me or the assistant herself?
Could anyone advice me please..

FussyElmo
10-09-2018, 11:15 AM
Who does pay for it normally?
Me or the assistant herself?
Could anyone advice me please..

I dont think there is an hard and fast rule.

It could put an potential assistant off if they have to pay alot out before starting a position with yourself.

So the various options are you pay for it and put it through your expenses. You could put a clause in their contract if they leave before a certain time period they have to refund monies paid.

If you ask them to pay you could offer to refund the monies after a period of time.

Welcome to the forum

meliflua
11-09-2018, 08:10 AM
I dont think there is an hard and fast rule.

It could put an potential assistant off if they have to pay alot out before starting a position with yourself.

So the various options are you pay for it and put it through your expenses. You could put a clause in their contract if they leave before a certain time period they have to refund monies paid.

If you ask them to pay you could offer to refund the monies after a period of time.

Welcome to the forum

Thank you very much!

sarah707
16-09-2018, 07:50 PM
I've just taken on an out of school club - my policy is that I pay for staff dbs and first aid training but if they leave within their probationary period (or within 6 months depending on the staff member) I claim it back out of their final salary payment...

Hth :D