PDA

View Full Version : Looking for knee length shorts for DD

loocyloo
09-06-2018, 12:24 PM
DD is going away on a school trip and needs a couple of pairs of long/knee length shorts ( for sitting in a boat/canoeing etc ) She can't have denim, and has turned her nose up at tracksuit type or cycling short style ones!

HELP? any idea where I can get some? preferably just cotton? I was thinking that maybe i'll just cut off some trousers ... but she doesn't have any! all either denim or sports type leggings! DD has been shopping with DH ( which may have been the fatal error :rolleyes::laughing: ) and couldn't find any. I'm not sure where they looked, but they did go into sports direct! She usually wears about an age 12 ( or adult size 4! )

DD currently favours very short denim shorts ( or dance 'hotpants' ) as her shorts of choice!

mama2three
09-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Mountain warehouse , I was there recently and they had nice ones in various colours x

loocyloo
09-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Thank you!

now to find one to visit as DD is fussy!

LOL .. DH just said 'oh, we didn't look for shorts in sports direct' !!! ARGHHHH! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: ( I'd even written a list of what was needed to be looked for in each of the shops DH said he needed to go in! )

FloraDora
09-06-2018, 07:54 PM
ASOS is my go to at the moment for any fashion gift to friends and family.

They have loads of shorts, found these:

Access Denied (http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-design-denim-high-rise-longline-short-in-washed-black/prd/9354893?clr=washedblack&SearchQuery=shorts&gridcolumn=3&gridrow=2&gridsize=4&pge=4&pgesize=72&totalstyles=317)

Access denied it seems...but do scroll - they have a few.

Don’t look denim if they are black? But scroll through, they have a few knee length......with loads of short ones!

I understand your dilemma now having scrolled through many pages.

loocyloo
10-06-2018, 11:51 AM
ASOS is my go to at the moment for any fashion gift to friends and family.

They have loads of shorts, found these:

Access Denied (http://www.asos.com/asos/asos-design-denim-high-rise-longline-short-in-washed-black/prd/9354893?clr=washedblack&SearchQuery=shorts&gridcolumn=3&gridrow=2&gridsize=4&pge=4&pgesize=72&totalstyles=317)

Access denied it seems...but do scroll - they have a few.

Don’t look denim if they are black? But scroll through, they have a few knee length......with loads of short ones!

I understand your dilemma now having scrolled through many pages.

THANK YOU, that's really helpful xx

Maza
10-06-2018, 04:31 PM
Have you tried outdoors/camping type of shops? Off the top of my head, Blacks or Millets?

loocyloo
10-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Thank you to mama2three and also maza ...

we are in Leeds next weekend, so will check out some camping shops etc - BUT DD has informed me ( !!! ) that there is no point buying expensive shorts because she just won't wear them afterwards!

I 'think' we're going to get some cropped leggings ( maybe even cropped sports leggings ) that she might wear again, or are cheap ( from primark ) that it doesn't matter if she doesn't! If we get black ones then she'll probably wear them for dancing at some point.

I suggested cutting off a couple of pairs of leggings she currently has and that was a silly idea :rolleyes::laughing::rolleyes: !!!

bunyip
11-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Sounds to me like a wetsuit might fit the bill better. :D

loocyloo
11-06-2018, 01:09 PM
Sounds to me like a wetsuit might fit the bill better. :D

now that, is a BRILLIANT idea !!! :clapping: