PDA

View Full Version : Permissions forms

v 1461
10-05-2018, 07:12 AM
Hello,
I understand we need a new permission for sharing data. Do we still need all other permission?
I have permission to take children out, put sun cream, play outside, take photo, make obs.....
Could someone let me know which permissions are a must and which one I don't need anymore?
Thanks
V

moggy
10-05-2018, 12:13 PM
The permissions we need are to share info (with nursery, other professionals etc) and to administer medicines. GDPR covers asking concent about taking photos as some may have issues about that and how to use photos (online journals, facebook, your portfolio, newsletter etc).

Playing outside and going on trips, and in the car/bus etc is part of the expectations of the EYFS so we do not need permission- we state this is what we do as part of a normal day (if they do not want child to go out they need a nanny!). Same for making obs (as in tracking and observing development), it is an EYFS requirement, not something they can choose to give permission for or not (if they have objections, they need a different childcare solution- I'd suggest a nanny).

Sun cream- I have a policy which they need to sign to agree. No specific need for a permission I believe, but best to ask about any allergies and I always ask parents to provide their own so I know they are happy with it. If they have an allergy to sunscreen that is a medical issue anyway and would be dealt with like any other allergy in terms of paperwork. If they are declining sun screen for any other reason I'd need to discuss whether my setting was the place for them as I need to follow my policy for keeping safe in the sun.

v 1461
11-05-2018, 06:09 AM
Thanks moggy,
Once again thanks for a very clear and detailed answer. I will reduce my permissions forms as I seem to have far too many .
😀

sarah707
27-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Free sample permission forms here - Free Childminder Paperwork - Childcare.co.uk (https://www.childcare.co.uk/free-childminder-paperwork) :D