PDA

View Full Version : Data Sharing Agreements - confused

cookiesncream
07-05-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: GDPR
I understand that we need a data sharing agreement when sharing info with other settings, etc.
I have Sarah's helpful download with the sample agreements and there is a space for signature at the bottom of each one.
Who is signing the agreement?
Is it the parent or the other setting or me or all of us?

This heat is cooking my brain

loocyloo
07-05-2018, 07:32 PM
I've given up on GDPR for this weekend!

just too hot!

I've got Sarah's useful downloads, and downloads from pacey ... and I seem to be tying myself in knots!

the only consolation is that EVERYONE else I speak to is in the same boat ( or has been told they will be in the boat! ) ... local dance schools, local fitness instructor, a couple of small businesses, even a dogwalker!

sarah707
27-05-2018, 05:27 PM
I am pleased you are finding the documents useful!

Data sharing agreements are a bit of a mystery aren't they?

I like my sharing letters best - in my free permission document here - Free Childminder Paperwork - Childcare.co.uk (https://www.childcare.co.uk/free-childminder-paperwork) :D

bunyip
28-05-2018, 08:41 AM
RE: GDPR
I understand that we need a data sharing agreement when sharing info with other settings, etc.
I have Sarah's helpful download with the sample agreements and there is a space for signature at the bottom of each one.
Who is signing the agreement?
Is it the parent or the other setting or me or all of us?

This heat is cooking my brain

My understanding is that we need the permission of parents/clients, but not that of other settings.

I called ICO on a similar issue: that of me holding contact details for other CMs, preschools, nurseries, etc. The nice lady at ICO explained the basic principle is that GDPR is concerned with 'business to customer' relationships, and not 'business to business' relationships. SO I don't need to worry about holding data on other CMs, nurseries, etc. even if that data relates to a particular individual, such as another CM's 'phone number or the email address of a nursery manager.

That said, I do need to 'phone ICO again. The more progress I make on GDPR compliance, the more unanswered questions I find. Having just about got my head around GDPR in relation to clients/parents, I suddenly realise we hold personal data on non-clients who are not businesses either. So, do I need privacy notices and consents, etc. for emergency contacts (granny, et al) ? What about enquirers for whom I cannot yet offer a place, but who come to visit or go on a waiting list?

Aaaargh! :panic: