PDA

View Full Version : 'full sugar' squashes!

loocyloo
19-03-2018, 06:07 PM
HELP!

I have always bought blackcurrant 'high' juice for my family ( and very occasionally mindees ). I have never bought 'low sugar' or 'no added sugar' squashes or cordials, as I am not and never have been, happy about all the artificial sweeteners ( saccharin, xylitol, acesulfame, aspartame and sucralose ) that companies add. My brother has reacted to aspartame all his life, and I've come to realise that artificial sweeteners give me an upset tummy.

It is now, seemingly IMPOSSIBLE to buy a squash that just has 'normal' sugars in it!

We don't drink very much, preferring water or fruit juices diluted with water, but I do like an occasional hot blackcurrant!

I have made my own elderflower and elderberry cordial, am I going to have to make my own blackcurrant? !!!

I even bought some Ribena the other week, which I always found too sugary before, but it only has 'real' sugar in it as far as I can tell!

I understand that it is all to do with 'being healthy' and cutting sugar consumption, but who thinks having chemicals instead of 'proper food' is good for you? Its like years ago, everyone was encouraged to use margarine, not butter. I grew up using margarine, but as soon as I had my own house, I bought butter as I think it tastes better, and I don't use nearly as much. ( I do use margarine for baking ) and now ... we're being told it IS better for you ...

sorry for ranting, but I wondered if anyone knew any shops that still sold 'real sugar' squash or cordial !! ?? !!

Dragonfly
20-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Although I buy no sugar squash I actually think the normal one with natural sugars in is better than artificial sweeteners. I use butter all the time too. I suppose it’s everything in moderation.

moggy
20-03-2018, 08:04 AM
'Rocks' is sold at Sainsbury's.
Squash - Rocks Organic Drinks (http://www.rocksdrinks.co.uk/Our-Drinks/Squash)

loocyloo
20-03-2018, 12:43 PM
'Rocks' is sold at Sainsbury's.
Squash - Rocks Organic Drinks (http://www.rocksdrinks.co.uk/Our-Drinks/Squash)

Thank you x