PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted removes the SEF

sarah707
09-02-2018, 09:58 PM
No more Ofsted self-evaluation form ... so what do we do now?

We still need to self-evaluate and plan for the future but how?

I have blogged :D The Ofsted SEF is disappearing! (https://independentchildminders.weebly.com/blog/the-ofsted-sef-is-disappearing)

BallyH
09-02-2018, 10:05 PM
What a shame. I didn't find it a burden as once completed it was easily updated every 'now and then'. I'm sure it played a big part in me gaining my last 2 current grades. I will make a note now to print it off for future reference.

Thank you Sarah for keeping us informed.

mama2three
10-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Me too ballyh
I’m quite sure I would have my grades without the detailed self
There’s no reason we shouldn’t still do something similar though , just hope the inspectors are still interested in reading them!

loocyloo
10-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Oh no!

I quite liked mine! It was a pain doing it the first time, but then whenever I updated, I just put the date and whatever changes, so I / inspectors could see what was happening.
I know mine definitely helped with both my last inspections ( and outstanding grade ) as both inspectors said they had read my sef and it meant my last inspection was short, as she said so much info was in my self.

I guess the only thing to do is to copy current document and then to continue to update and file it ourselves . I can't bear the thought ( and time and energy ) required to start one from scratch again!

mumofone
10-02-2018, 07:31 PM
I'm glad its gone. My inspector never read mine and it had taken me literally hours upon hours to do. I found it all really pointless, me saying what I had done and how it had benefited my setting and the children only for it not to be read properly. But even if she did it was only my opinion of what I had done well which is all subjective at the end of the day. So I am firmly in the "Glad its gone, utterly pointless document" camp. Sorry, rant over!

Bumble Beez
13-02-2018, 02:01 PM
Thanks Sarah,
Have just moved everything I currently have onto a new document so that I have something to show...if asked :)

Maza
13-02-2018, 03:26 PM
I'd rather do a SEF than a tax return!

loocyloo
13-02-2018, 07:25 PM
I'd rather do a SEF than a tax return!

:laughing: any day!!!

Tink
15-02-2018, 09:55 AM
I've just had my Ofsted inspection (Tuesday 13th Feb) I think my SEF played a big part in my grade and my inspector enjoyed reading through it and was able to ask me further questions and agreed with me on the improvements I had put down for my future aims.

Why do they get rid of things that work? :panic:

Maza
15-02-2018, 10:38 AM
Congratulations Tink on your inspection.

Tink
15-02-2018, 11:20 AM
Congratulations Tink on your inspection.

Thank you very much, I have worked so hard and am so passionate about childminding, my inspector was lovely but very thorough :clapping:

loocyloo
15-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Congratulations from me too.

Brilliant news. Well done x

mumofone
20-02-2018, 02:06 PM
I've just had my Ofsted inspection (Tuesday 13th Feb) I think my SEF played a big part in my grade and my inspector enjoyed reading through it and was able to ask me further questions and agreed with me on the improvements I had put down for my future aims.

Why do they get rid of things that work? :panic:

Well done! It clearly works for lots of people.
Do you have any other feedback on your inspection you'd be happy to share? x

Tink
20-02-2018, 02:18 PM
Well done! It clearly works for lots of people.
Do you have any other feedback on your inspection you'd be happy to share? x

Sure i'd be happy to tell you about my inspection would you like me to message you or post it on here?

mumofone
21-02-2018, 09:20 PM
Sure i'd be happy to tell you about my inspection would you like me to message you or post it on here?

Hi Tink, either, its really useful to see what the focus is for inspectors as they seem to go through phases! :-)