PDA

View Full Version : What a cold and frosty Wednesday

FussyElmo
07-02-2018, 11:29 AM
Brr when I left the house this morning it was -2. The sun has been an appearance but it's still cold.

I'm hoping the football training is cancelled but it won't be though they have cancelled rugby training.

I have 2 days of just morning school runs due to unforeseen circumstances. So I'm now tackling the upstairs. A job I have put off for a while. Stored stuff in there for Christmas and it's still there.

Have a good day everyone :thumbsup:

loocyloo
07-02-2018, 12:56 PM
Luckily no school run this morning as it was minus figures. It's beautiful outside with bright blue sky and the sun in shining ... but only just reached 1°!

We've been at soft play all morning for a LO's birthday treat so haven't had to venture out as such, but do have school run this afternoon.

Enjoy everyone x

Bumble Beez
07-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Its so cold here...had flurries of snow on and off all morning but not laying!
We braved the park for ten minutes after school run, came home and made a pirate ship (apparently!) from lego before grabbing warm cheese and ham toasties before lunch time school run...both littlies asleep now but am already mentally preparing for the afternoon pick up :cold:

Happy Wednesday!!

Kiddleywinks
07-02-2018, 01:28 PM
It's fffffffffffffffreezing here! -7 when I got up, although it has 'warmed' up a bit - if you can call it that when it's still minus figures :laughing:

I've been hanging doors upstairs - long overdue, but omg, ever wished you'd never started a job?
There's so much sawdust! It's getting everywhere, so much so that I feel like a ruddy hamster :laughing::laughing:

Only before and after schoolies now for the rest of the week, so hopefully by the weekend I'll have managed to get the remaining 2 doors up

SYLVIA
07-02-2018, 04:21 PM
It’s been threatening for days here on Kent and this morning we finally woke up to a smuttering of snow. Very excited children but it was gone before the school run at half 8

hectors house
07-02-2018, 09:56 PM
Took my mindees for a walk near Longleat, called Heaven's Gate, there was a smattering of snow on the paths - the children didn't realise but it's where I always go when there has been a death in the family, to stand looking over the view down over the longleat estate and remember happy times - yesterday afternoon we said a sad goodbye to our 15 year old spaniel x basset hound - Hector (that's why my childminding business was called Hector's House). :crying:

It was very chilly :cold:so we didn't stay long but the children enjoyed writing in the snow with sticks - something they couldn't have done if we had had Hector with us, as every stick in the world belonged to Hector and he would have snatched them out of the children's hands.

I haven't explained yet to them where Hector has gone, I know there is a book "Farewell Mog" but does anyone know if there is something similar about dogs? The children did catch me crying a couple of times today but I just said I had caught X's cold and it was making my nose and eyes run.

Kiddleywinks
08-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Oh that's so sad, sending virtual hugs to you xx

loocyloo
08-02-2018, 09:16 AM
oh HH, big hugs to you, how sad.

xxx

Maza
08-02-2018, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry HH. What a sweet little tradition you have in your walk to Heaven's Gate.

I just googled books on dogs passing away. I was hoping it would jog my memory, as I am sure I have come across the subject before, but none of the books looked familiar.

I love the background story to your business name. Look after yourself. x