PDA

View Full Version : Thursday

FussyElmo
01-02-2018, 01:05 PM
I have the day off :clapping: just how it's fell no one needing me.

I did want to binge watch twin peaks but obviously I have only just sat down after a vain attempt to get ahead of the house work.

Hope you are all having a good day :thumbsup:

BallyH
01-02-2018, 01:35 PM
That hardly ever happens to me, one normally appears.
Enjoy.

Maza
01-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I've also got a day off! I've been doing so many extra days recently, which will be nice come pay day, but I have really missed doing the school run for DD. The chores are piling up at home too - not that I've done many of them yet. Had a meeting at school as DD has got a three night residential trip next month, eek! Then we bumped into our new 'neighbour' - the flat which shares our landing. He seems very nice. We then bumped into our grumpy neighbour downstairs and she was moaning about him already, being unnecessarily harsh. I wish they would move out, then I would be back childminding like a shot, but hearing her venom this morning reminded me of how stressed I got because of her.

It's really cold here today. Keep warm everyone!

loocyloo
01-02-2018, 02:30 PM
Afternoon!
I worked 3 hrs this morning and then have 1.5 hrs afterschool and that's it as everyone else is poorly. :(
I thought I'd be really good and get on with a load of jobs, but apart from prepping tea, I've just sat down and read my book! I really don't fancy heading out in the icy wind with periodic rain for the school run.
I'm going to a local craft shop this evening and hopefully someone will be able to teach me to crochet :) ... I tried earlier and I can't even remember now how to start off .... fingers crossed!

FussyElmo
01-02-2018, 04:45 PM
Loocyloo I learnt basic crochet from YouTube. A woman called Bella coco made it click for me:thumbsup:

loocyloo
01-02-2018, 09:06 PM
Loocyloo I learnt basic crochet from YouTube. A woman called Bella coco made it click for me:thumbsup:

Thank you! I had a great time and learnt to do a chain and to then go back ... just need to practice to keep my tension right. Having got home, I just tried to cast on ... and found myself casting on for knitting! Doh! :doh:

The lady recommended Bella Coco, so I was about to have a look! :D

Really pleased though, as she said that if I want to crochet little animals etc, then no point in learning 'granny squares' ... which someone else had told me I'd have to learn first!

SYLVIA
01-02-2018, 10:28 PM
I had the morning to myself and went off to pick wool to knit a couple of blankets for my grandson no2 when he arrives in
April. Then just came back and sat and had a coffee in peace. So nice to have done time to myself.

FussyElmo
02-02-2018, 10:10 AM
I must admit I enjoyed the day. So nice to get in and have a tidy house dd even got to football training early 😂😂😂

Pauline
02-02-2018, 11:06 AM
Really pleased though, as she said that if I want to crochet little animals etc, then no point in learning 'granny squares' ... which someone else had told me I'd have to learn first!

Hellooooo! :)

Fussy has dragged me from my retirement armchair to see if I can help ;)

The lady is right, you don't need to do endless granny squares before you can do little animals! Just learn the basic stitches, in fact Amigurumi (which is making little animals in crochet) generally only uses three stitches, chain, double crochet and slip stitch. Practice those and you will be fine. The main thing you need is nimble fingers as they can be quite fiddly.

I love my crochet, I've really got back into it these last few years, it saved my sanity (assuming I had any in the first place ;) ) so I hope you get on with it too.

Always happy to help if I can, either here or you can find me all over the place (You Tube, Facebook, Blogger) just search for Pookie Doodle Crafts :)

Love and hugs, miss you all xx

loocyloo
02-02-2018, 11:51 AM
Hellooooo! :)

Fussy has dragged me from my retirement armchair to see if I can help ;)

The lady is right, you don't need to do endless granny squares before you can do little animals! Just learn the basic stitches, in fact Amigurumi (which is making little animals in crochet) generally only uses three stitches, chain, double crochet and slip stitch. Practice those and you will be fine. The main thing you need is nimble fingers as they can be quite fiddly.

I love my crochet, I've really got back into it these last few years, it saved my sanity (assuming I had any in the first place ;) ) so I hope you get on with it too.

Always happy to help if I can, either here or you can find me all over the place (You Tube, Facebook, Blogger) just search for Pookie Doodle Crafts :)

Love and hugs, miss you all xx

Awwww thank you Pauline .... you may regret offering to help! I can manage the chain :D and am getting there with the double. It's just keeping the tension tight enough but not too tight!

Miss you too, hope you are well and enjoying yourself.

X

Pauline
02-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Awwww thank you Pauline .... you may regret offering to help! I can manage the chain :D and am getting there with the double. It's just keeping the tension tight enough but not too tight!

Miss you too, hope you are well and enjoying yourself.

X

We ok thanks. All you need now is practice, practice, practice but just ask if you need help, I don't mind xx

Oh you might need the magic loop, great to start an amigurumi with, I did a video, you'll find it if you need it ;)

loocyloo
02-02-2018, 09:06 PM
We ok thanks. All you need now is practice, practice, practice but just ask if you need help, I don't mind xx

Oh you might need the magic loop, great to start an amigurumi with, I did a video, you'll find it if you need it ;)

Thank you.

I think I need to 'perfect' the chain and double first!