View Full Version : Strictly final

FussyElmo
16-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Who will win?

We are supporting Gemma

loocyloo
16-12-2017, 09:14 PM
I was out carol singing!

I wanted Debbie to win, but thought Gemma would.

Got home, just in time to hear them announce the winner! Am going to watch the dances on catch up! DD says it was very good.

Maza
16-12-2017, 10:00 PM
I really enjoyed watching Joe the last few weeks. His acting as he dances is brilliant and his partner does such exciting choreography. I don't think he has ever been in the dance off. His Charleston was one of my favourite ever dances - and how amazing was the lift last week?!

Debbie and Alexandra were both brilliant from day one though. I did like Gemma, she seems so down to earth, but I think she was the weakest dancer.

I liked Alexandra's show dance but thought the others were really unusual, in an underwhelming kind of way compared to the show dances we have seen in previous years.

FussyElmo
17-12-2017, 07:45 AM
Dd2 has loved Alijaz since he started and won with Abby Clancy. So our loyalties have to lie with him :laughing:

However I do believe that Gemma has been the most improved and had no formal dance training like the other 3.

But kayta and Joe have had some amazing dances and have quietly gone through the rounds.

We were surprised the voting opened after the first dance and the show dance wasn't last.

Maza
17-12-2017, 08:13 AM
I agree Fussy, it was a bit odd that the show dances weren't last. Yes, Gemma was the most improved - when Debbie did her show dance it was so obvious that she had had ballet training.

I love watching Giovanni and Gorka dance. I think they are mesmerising to watch, whatever style they do. I think the male professionals are outshining the female professionals at the minute.

Nearly time for Dancing on Ice!

bunyip
18-12-2017, 09:11 AM
Is it over at last?

Sigh of relief.....

Has that jungle thing finished too? ("I’m a Has-Been, Get Me Into Something", as I’m sure they all said to their underworked agents.)

One of the best things about Christmas is that it heralds the ending of these non-entertainment celeb bore-fests for a week or so.

Maza
07-10-2018, 12:39 PM
Anyone watching this year's series? Any predictions yet? I love the way the comedian just giggles at himself the whole time. Wasn't ever keen on Susanna, although she was quite sweet in her speech at the end.

FloraDora
07-10-2018, 03:57 PM
I don’t usually watch it...tuned in when Ed Balls was on as one of my minedees dad was a friend of his and she was obsessed, so I watched with her.
This year though I want to follow Joe Suggs, who I have followed on you tube for a few years ( We have a Brighton link) so have watched each episode and am enjoying it. I am however a little bothered by the girl and boy band folk who obviously have a bit of a dance background so it isn’t an even playing field. Stacey Dooley is a favourite of mine.
Suzannah admits dancing was not her forte and she was the best one to go first. I was an avid reader of her column with Trinny, they taught me to dress for my body shape and be confident and not to wear horizontal stripes.

Maza
07-10-2018, 05:16 PM
It's not an even playing field at all. It's a bit boring when they come in already good. Even though they claim it's a totally different type of dance they are definitely still at an advantage.

FussyElmo
08-10-2018, 10:42 AM
I must admit the experience some of them have in dance does seem to be a very unfair advantage.

I cant take to Ashley as she is ballroom trained and was a judge on dancing with the stars.

I like sean but feel that the fact they have been all over the papers may go against them.

I like Stacey, Ranj, as they do seem to be really enjoying it. I also like kate especially after tumbling down the steps and carrying on so well.

Maza
08-10-2018, 11:59 AM
I did like Sean and absolutely love Katya's choreography, but I think their behaviour recently was appalling and don't see how they can get the public on their side now.

Bless Kate with her stumble!

loocyloo
10-10-2018, 07:58 PM
I'm bored this year and no one is particuarly standing out for me yet. 🤔

I didn't like the comedian to start with and think his and katyas behaviour was not appropriate. It will be interesting to see what happens.

FussyElmo
15-12-2018, 08:05 PM
So i guess the question is who will win.

I think with it being down to a public vote its possibly going to be joe with his online support

Maza
15-12-2018, 10:07 PM
I wanted Joe to win! I thought he was such a lovely person. So glad Ashley didn't win, even though I thought she was the best dancer I just couldn't take to her.

I can't remember - has Kevin won before? I know he has been in the final before...

loocyloo
16-12-2018, 07:55 AM
I missed it, as i was out with my mum!

I wanted Faye to win, but Stacey was a close second so I'm happy! I thought Joe might win with his public vote and i didn't warm to Ashley at all either. I didn't think she would win due to public vote!

I can't wait to watch all the dances when i get home.

FloraDora
16-12-2018, 10:51 AM
Shame Joe didn’t win, but Stacey was my second choice.
I just didn’t want the professional dancers to win.
Never followed it before...Joe was my interest, I have become a big you tube watcher of late, but really enjoyed what I saw.

chris goodyear
16-12-2018, 02:47 PM
I wanted Joe to win! I thought he was such a lovely person. So glad Ashley didn't win, even though I thought she was the best dancer I just couldn't take to her.

I can't remember - has Kevin won before? I know he has been in the final before...

Kevin's been in the final 8 times but don't think he ever won that's why he was so emotional! Love Stacey and so pleased she won.

mama2three
16-12-2018, 09:45 PM
No he’s been runner up 3 times but never won.
I was pleased Stacey won , even though both Faye and Ashley were better dancers they were already trained dancers before the competition.

FussyElmo
17-12-2018, 10:02 AM
Im glad Stacey won i think the improvement both her and Joe made throughout the series was amazing.

Though Craig's face at the end he didnt agree with the decision

Maza
17-12-2018, 01:50 PM
I missed Craig's face but I heard about it! I thought Stacy and Kevin's showdance was messy. I thought Joe's was unusual and funky.

Maza
30-09-2019, 08:01 AM
So, Strictly 2019 - are you watching? I think it was right for James to go last night, and I think it was right that David James was also in the dance off.

Do you have any favourites?

FussyElmo
30-09-2019, 12:42 PM
Yes we're watching. I think the right person went.

We like Alex scott and chris Ramsey. Dd is still supporting aljaz.

loocyloo
30-09-2019, 04:30 PM
I thought James should go too.

I like the girl Anton is dancing with, the chap from CBBC and Dev I think his name is. Also, the chap dancing with Jeanette is doing well.

I'm not struck on AJs partner or particularly the viscountess, although she is growing on me!

I will say, that there are a lot of very good dancers this year!

Maza
07-10-2019, 01:06 PM
I think Aneka Rice was the right person to go this week.

It was quite an eventful one wasn't it - with Katia's fall and then Craig talking about Anton's false teeth! Oh my, that made us laugh so much!

FussyElmo
07-10-2019, 01:25 PM
I think Aneka Rice was the right person to go this week.

It was quite an eventful one wasn't it - with Katia's fall and then Craig talking about Anton's false teeth! Oh my, that made us laugh so much!

Me and dd were laughing so much at Craig especially his face when he realised they werent fake.

I agree Anneka was the right one to go but i think David James unless he improves very quickly will be gone next week.

Dd is not impressed that Oti's sister is now a judge and doesnt think its fair shes being judged by her.

Maza
07-10-2019, 01:52 PM
Me and dd were laughing so much at Craig especially his face when he realised they werent fake.

I agree Anneka was the right one to go but i think David James unless he improves very quickly will be gone next week.

Dd is not impressed that Oti's sister is now a judge and doesnt think its fair shes being judged by her.

We did wonder if Oti would have got three tens if it wasn't her sister on the judging panel. It was propbably more trouble than it was worth for her to give the first ten of the series to her sister. It was a lovely routine though. I really like him, he seems very humble.

Maza
10-11-2019, 10:00 PM
I loved the professionals Remembrance dance tonight. Very moving.