PDA

View Full Version : SNOW!

loocyloo
30-11-2017, 10:36 AM
Lots of places round our way have lots of snow ... it snowed for about an hour earlier and then the sky was blue, so LO'S and I decided to finish our activity and go out ... the sky is now white with masses of snow!
They don't want to go out!
We've been drawing and painting snowflakes, and we're currently collecting snow in a tray outside... think we'll make little snowmen inside!

Just hoping a schoolie I collect has a coat today! Guarantee all schoolies will just have school shoes etc as it was only just starting at drop off!

I do like snow, but logistics for tomorrow are a nightmare in the snow! 3 in buggy/x rider and 2 walking! Worst day of the week for me! Typical!

loocyloo
30-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Snowy garden viewed sideways... can't turn it round (or delete!)

loocyloo
30-11-2017, 11:01 AM
Snowy garden!

Maza
30-11-2017, 11:57 AM
Gosh that's stunning! What a beautiful garden you have too.

I really hope we get snow this year.

BallyH
30-11-2017, 01:50 PM
Gosh. Are we in the same country? Beautiful photos. Nothing here or forecasted either. I enjoy the snow during the day but not for the school run. I'm always stressing about pushing a buggy (before my minding days I slipped and fell in the snow on the school run pushing my youngest 15 years ago and although I managed to still hold on to the pram the handle hit the floor!! Thankfully he was wrapped up inside in a blanket and the outer canopy all 'popped' in place securely plus the whole pram was covered with the outer plastic rain cover. He didn't even cry but it really really upset me with 'what if'. And that has made me nervous ever since.
Plus I delivered two to school this morning in socks. No tights. So no snow here today please.

loocyloo
30-11-2017, 01:59 PM
Thank you. Grey and still snowing!

Ooh, BallyH, that would make me nervous too.

LO'S did go out for a while 'Loocyloo. Snow Cold. Snow wet' ... we came in! 8906

Maza
30-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Gosh BallyH, poor you. That must have been awful.

We live at the top of a long and pretty steep hill, so I don't want snow on the days when I have to walk to work. I have to set off so much earlier in the snow. It is comical to watch people though. People literally walk so close to the fences so that they can grab them if they slip. There are a couple of really treacherous parts though with nothing to hold on to. Every single time DH and I are amazed as we always see at least one woman in a power suit on her way to get the tube into the city and who has refused to acknowledge that she needs appropriate footwear, however unglamorous that might be. Every single year!

FussyElmo
30-11-2017, 06:32 PM
Not jealous in any way :crying::crying::crying:

I WANT SNOW!!!!!!!

mama2three
30-11-2017, 07:03 PM
We had a bit , enough to freeze us on the school run. We walked home with tongues out tasting the snowflakes and pretending they were different flavours. It stopped almost as soon as we got in the house. I love snow when it’s crisp and beautiful like your pics loocyloo but really dislike slush and ice.

loocyloo
30-11-2017, 07:24 PM
Sorry Fussy :blush:

it's all slushy and yucky now, but still snowing periodically. :panic:

as predicted, all schoolies ( bar one ) came out in school shoes and lightweight jackets!

just walked DD to a music lesson, ( as I don't want to drive in all the slush, plus drivers round here are crazy, and a bit of snow won't slow them down! ) anyway ... I told her to put her wellies on ... '' are you trying to make me look stupid?'' ... no ... just have dry feet !!! and then, you'll never guess what I did? ... I suggested she put a coat on ! :blush::laughing::laughing: I mean, how cruel can I be? !!!