PDA

View Full Version : Home is where the heart is

Maza
27-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Well we're back from our two week trip to South Africa to see DH's family. We got back this morning. It was our 'best' trip there so far - but that's not saying much as the other four times I have been have been terribly stressful. The last time we were there was when DD was 13 months old and we went for 6 weeks and it nearly sent me over the edge. Difficult family, but to be fair they probably think I'm difficult - we're just different.

Anyway, we stayed in/visited some beautiful homes of various family members, all huge, with equally huge and beautiful gardens. However, we are so, so, so happy to be back in our two bedroom, first floor flat on a busy main road with no direct access to our garden. DH and I just keep sighing happily and saying, 'There's no place like home!' Bliss!

Mouse
27-10-2017, 05:29 PM
So gald to hear you had a better time than normal. Did DD enjoy spending time with family?

Ellisha
27-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Pleased to hear it went reasonably well.

I'm always pleased to be back from holiday with my own bed and a good cup of tea!

FloraDora
27-10-2017, 09:29 PM
You survived, great news.
I felt the same when I returned from a month with friends in America. They lived in the commuter belt north of New York....great expanse of land with huge wooden homes and woods in their back garden. We enjoyed it and loved their huge home where 5 teenage boys could entertain themselves and rehearse a full band in the basement and we couldn’t see or hear them.
But our lads and us loved the rest of the summer break in our small, talk to each other from any room home ....it felt like a family home......though occasionally, when the thud of drums with pads on to muffle the sound got irritating, I longed for a concrete bunker basement.
Home is where the heart is.

BallyH
29-10-2017, 06:50 PM
Gad to hear you're home and happy. My mum use to say 'nothing like your own carpet'.

FussyElmo
01-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Glad you are home missed your replies/posts on here. I'm also glad to hear you had a good time x

loocyloo
01-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Welcome home!

I love being away visiting ... but some of the loving being away is knowing that soon I'll be home!