PDA

View Full Version : Odd phone call from Ofsted - is it a sign?

jennyandchris
04-09-2017, 10:28 AM
Hi,
Me and my Mum work together. Last week my Mum got this really odd phone call. Lady said she was updating Ofsted records and asked if any of the children my Mum looks after are related to her. We don't ever remember being asked this before. Mum said yes, but that she works with me as well and we include my children in our numbers. Then went onto ask how many children we look after in total in the EYFS and what days we work.

When Mum asked does this mean we are going to be inspected, the lady said "I can't say, I'm just updating the records".

Have other people had this phone call and are they genuinely just updating their records, or is it a sign we are about to get a phone call saying we are going to get inspected?
TIA x

moggy
04-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Might be, might not be. Some have had this and it has lead to inspection soon, some don't hear any further. There is no guessing with Ofsted!

jennyandchris
05-09-2017, 11:18 AM
Thanks for your reply. Glad others have had them. Eurggggg - I really can't do another one already. I've had 2 Ofsted inspections in the last 3 years. I think I'll go insane if I have to do another one already!!!

sarah707
14-09-2017, 06:15 PM
This blog might be useful! :D

Ofsted are coming! (https://independentchildminders.weebly.com/blog/ofsted-are-coming)