PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit

Sam04
02-07-2017, 02:18 PM
I am in the process of registering, Ofsted called me over 5 weeks ago to say they had all my checks back and would be round within 2 weeks as my registration certificate issue date is due 29th June, which is 12weeks from the day I submitted my application they still haven't called to arrange a date so I called Ofsted on 29th and asked how much longer as I have a parent waiting for me, lady on the phone said it could be indefinite they can't give me a time scale...is this correct as I saw a post and someone had advised another lady waiting past 12weeks to make a complaint? Has anyone else had to wait longer than the 12 weeks to become registered? I started trying to register back in November first aid dbs ect its taken 8 months so far from the start and I'm so close but starting to get fed up now I am going away in 10 days and really wanted the visit out the way so I could relax on holiday & be ready to start once I was home.

sarah707
02-07-2017, 05:26 PM
They try to come out within a certain timescale but it's not guaranteed - they might have a lack of inspectors in your area if you live somewhere remote for example...

I suggest you keep chasing it make sure they don't forget you! If you have families waiting to start you could explain that.

I hope it's quick now :D

Sam04
02-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Thank you 😊