PDA

View Full Version : simplified mileage calculation

kristinutem
23-05-2017, 03:55 PM
Hello,
I choose to use simplified mileage calculation to claim for car expenses. I am confused now how to show this mileages from trip? Can I claim miles to returning back home? Sorry for this disturbing,I just want to know that I am doing ok,and don't claim too much..how others is doing this calculation?

kristinutem
24-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Can someone help with this stupid question...please

tulip0803
24-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Yes you can claim return mileage - so if you go somewhere 5 miles away you put 10x45p = £4.50 into your accounts. I enter it into my accounts as 'Trip to x park' 10 miles £4.50 x
x

hectors house
24-05-2017, 08:42 AM
I claim for all mileage for journeys I do during working hours - whether it is an actual outing or a trip to town to take back MY library books or buy milk for MY cuppa as all trips can be made into learning experiences - and yes I claim for travelling back home too!

kristinutem
24-05-2017, 11:36 AM
Thank you for advice! :) I claimed for the last year only one way :( if I claim this year for 2 ways,is that looks ok for hmrc if I claim this years more mileage for the same park as last year? :( hope somebody understand what I want to ask :)

moggy
24-05-2017, 12:00 PM
Thank you for advice! :) I claimed for the last year only one way :( if I claim this year for 2 ways,is that looks ok for hmrc if I claim this years more mileage for the same park as last year? :( hope somebody understand what I want to ask :)

Yes, if it is all honest and written down that is fine. If you are ever asked you can explain your mistake in the previous year- that kind of thing happens all the time as we realise we can claim for things we didn't think of before.

kristinutem
24-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Thank you,that's really helped to me,and I could be calm now about that :) and one more question, I am going to the school everyday with car,to bring my sun and chilminder to the school,can I claim for this miles??

moggy
24-05-2017, 06:21 PM
Thank you,that's really helped to me,and I could be calm now about that :) and one more question, I am going to the school everyday with car,to bring my sun and chilminder to the school,can I claim for this miles??

Not so easy to say- you would be driving the journey anyway for your own son. I would not feel right claiming that, if it was me.

kristinutem
24-05-2017, 08:33 PM
Yes,its looks better don't claim for these miles :)