PDA

View Full Version : Starting date - charge for whole week?

littlegems
11-08-2008, 07:26 AM
hi,
i have a child starting with my on 27th aug which is within the bank holiday week. he will do part time monday morn and weds afternoons normally so that week when he starts he will do weds aft as thats when mum said he was to start. however when it comes to billing for them i think i should still charge for my min. 10 hours / week, as it was her choice when to start etc. but then i am not sure. please help if you understand what i am asking! xx

Spangles
11-08-2008, 07:37 AM
For that week I would probably only charge the exact hours you have him as she has specified the start date for the Wednesday so, in my opinion, you shouldn't charge for before then.

Then again though, I'm not sure! Ha ha!

Mollymop
11-08-2008, 07:49 AM
I agree with Spangles, that is what I would do. After all it is the date the child is starting so I wouldn't charge extra.

x

Pudding Girl
11-08-2008, 08:31 AM
A Ditto from me :)

Minstrel
11-08-2008, 09:05 AM
I agree for this week.

After all you dont won't to start off on bad terms.

Wiggly
11-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Yeap, I agree too. The specified start date is Weds so I dont' feel it would be right to charge for the Bank HOliday Monday which is before start date.

But obviously for any future Bank holiday mondays you would charge as normal if that is what your fees state.

Wiggly
x

tulip0803
11-08-2008, 09:38 AM
I agree with the others - charge from the start date.

Bushpig
11-08-2008, 10:20 AM
hi,
i have a child starting with my on 27th aug which is within the bank holiday week. he will do part time monday morn and weds afternoons normally so that week when he starts he will do weds aft as thats when mum said he was to start. however when it comes to billing for them i think i should still charge for my min. 10 hours / week, as it was her choice when to start etc. but then i am not sure. please help if you understand what i am asking! xx

Charge from the start date... your relationship with the parents is to important to start on a bad note, and this would do it! Thereafter, charge as per normal.

littlegems
11-08-2008, 11:54 AM
thank you very much i shall charge for just that day that week then as usual all other weeks, thank you.
xx

Heaven Scent
14-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I agree with everyone else but if you do charge for BH's then make sure she knows that you did not charge for this one because it was before tha start date but all other BH's will be charged if the child is contracted to attend on that day.

All the very best of luck - I hope it all goes well for you.