PDA

View Full Version : Inspection with no children on role

lucy barningham
19-02-2017, 10:42 AM
I have my inspection with no children on role tomorrow, anyone got any ideas what they will want to look at/talk about?

watford wizz
19-02-2017, 11:00 AM
When I had mine she asked me about safeguarding, next steps for different ages, had a quick look at my register, she had read my SEF and I do have large canvases with pictures on my wall showing how the EYFS is met here.

She was only with me an hour and a half and that included her making a phone call as I asked if she could come back a bit later when children arrived which she said she couldn't. She didn't look in garden or upstairs.

I was a bit disappointed to not get a grade but after hearing and reading some real horror stories feel I got off lightly!!! And work keeps coming xx
All the best xxx

Maza
19-02-2017, 03:33 PM
I had mine last year. She looked at all my certificates to check they were all up to date, asked me if I knew anything about prevent (I had quite a bit in my folder about Prevent and how British Values are applied in my setting, but she must have missed that. She asked me about safeguarding and the different types of abuse, asked me to give examples of activities for each area of learning, looked at an old learning journey that I had and asked how I monitor the children's progress. She looked around each room and my garden. She asked how the children access the resources indoors (she told me beforehand that I didn't need to set it all up). I did set up my garden though for some reason and she liked it, but it wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome if I hadn't.

I had all of my folders on the dining room table ready for her and she was surprised - she said that most childminders say that they haven't got anything anymore if they are not currently childminding!

Good luck.

sarah707
19-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Point 17 onwards here gives you a run down of what they are looking for - https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/458588/Early_years_inspection_handbook.pdf

Hope it goes well! :D