PDA

View Full Version : Tricky question about charging fees...

**Orchard CM**
17-02-2017, 10:48 AM
Hi ladies and gents,

Ok so I'm pregnant and due the 3rd August. All my parents have been very supportive and are excited 😊

One parent I have has decided to take their child to another minders whilst I'm on maternity. She mentioned in passing that she will start taking her on a Tuesday morning (which is when I usually have her) to get her used to the new setting. I only look after the child for two and a half days.

Do I still charge for this as technically I am available for work? And as hubby says she's has 2.5 other days in the week she can go? Or do I honour it because of the pregnancy?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dragonfly
17-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Hello Orchard.
I agree with your husband she could go on a day when she isn't with you.August is some time off yet so she is taking her to the other childminders way ahead of time. Does the child take a long time to settle?
I would definitely charge her normal fees when she goes for her visit, as you have said yourself you are still working.

FussyElmo
17-02-2017, 04:11 PM
Hi ladies and gents,

Ok so I'm pregnant and due the 3rd August. All my parents have been very supportive and are excited ?de0a

One parent I have has decided to take their child to another minders whilst I'm on maternity. She mentioned in passing that she will start taking her on a Tuesday morning (which is when I usually have her) to get her used to the new setting. I only look after the child for two and a half days.

Do I still charge for this as technically I am available for work? And as hubby says she's has 2.5 other days in the week she can go? Or do I honour it because of the pregnancy?

Thanks in advance

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I agree August is a long time away.

However maybe Tuesday is the only time the other cm has available at the moment and your parent thinks it's better to send her lo to make sure she has the place.

Maybe ask the mum why the long settling in?

Merlot
19-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Hi ladies and gents,

Ok so I'm pregnant and due the 3rd August. All my parents have been very supportive and are excited 😊

Thanks in advance

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would speak to mum and ask why she's picked that particular day. Point out the time length and is the other childminder going to save this space for such a long time. Also, like everyone else has said, that's your day of working so I would still be charging.